Eight Pointed Star quilt

This is another top that I poorly pieced about 5 years ago. I custom quilted for practice. The motifs are from JoAnn Hoffman's website. It is one of the fern yin-yang designs that I separated and used for the large motif and in the small squares you can see the whole motif. The motifs are computerized and the rest is freehand.

"Eight

"Eight

"Eight

"Eight

"Eight

"Eight

Mary Beth,

It is a computerized pattern, but I believe JoAnn offers it in a pdf. format. You can ask her.

Bonnie,

You just don't get to see the corners that aren't matching or where I didn't quite get the points right and chopped them off:o

It was a quilt top with set-in corners that did quite set right all the time:P with lots of bias edges that stretched.

Originally posted by Stagecl

Bonnie,

You just don't get to see the corners that aren't matching or where I didn't quite get the points right and chopped them off:o

So...doesn't mean if was poorly pieced it just means you missed a point or so...poorly pieced is when you miss your seams or have total wonkness. It may not be show quality, but it sure is pretty even with its points missing....:P

Okay, maybe I should say that I wasn't happy with my piecing:o...maybe poorly pieced was a "poor" choice in words:P:P:P I decided to do the quilt because of all the set in corners and wanted to challenge myself with the set in pieces:o Of course, the quilt was smaller and I had to make it longer so that meant more stars and more corners to set in. What was I thinking:o:P:P

Beautiful quilt. I'm piecing a quilt right now that has several piecing issues and it will be what I call a 10' quilt. Doesn't look too bad from 10'. I have no excuse except, I'm in a hurry to get it done and the person who is going to get this won't care. It's me!!! I would rather have another quilt that is less than perfect than to not have time to make one!!!:cool:

Archived