Info in regards to purchasing a Millenium

I just went to a sales presentation for APQS yesterday here in CA. Right now with all of their "wheels and deals", the cost of a Millenium, with the 12 ft table and auto fabric advance, SR, and...well I guess everything that could possibly go on this machine...the cost is $15,400. Then I have to add shipping, professional set up (no sons or husband here), and our huge CA sales tax. I am really tempted to buy this one. I have until Monday to decide. Since there are no road shows coming here anytime soon, and not many sales reps for other machines in this area...ladies...what is your opinion? Is this a good deal? I've tried some other brands...and seem similar to me. I'm thinking once I get one...I will just learn to use it. Right now I do sewing projects for a big fabric company, but have to send all the quilt stuff to someone else. My thinking is that I wouldn't be dependent on someone else...could do the quilting myself, and charge for that. Other than that, not planning to do a business at the moment. I would appreciate any advice any of you may have, because I believe in getting lots of feedback to help me make a decision.

Thanks so much. Kerry

Hi Kerry and welcome!

I'm sure you'll get many more responses, but my 2 cents is that the machine will pay for itself. I've had mine for 3 years, and I love it more every time I go down to play. The warranty on these machines is the best in the business, and the amount of loyal owners you'll find here is overwhelming.

Good luck with your decision, and please know that you are always welcome here, regardless of which machine, if any, you decide to buy.

Kerry, you can't go wrong. I have a 2007 Milli with a 12 ft table. I did not get the hydraulic lift.

I love this machine. I haven't done alot of quilts yet (lots of practice). Have #7 quilt on here now. I love it. Took abit of tweaking to get thiongs just perfect and it is really running perfectly now.

We will soon be leaving for the summer and won't return until early Sept. I would get so much more done if we didn't travel so much.

I say, go for it. It is a decision you will not regret!

PS, read this forum. Their service and techs are the best!

Marilyn in Palm Springs

Kerry,

I've had my machine for about 1 1/2 years and I have never regreted it. I have a milli and love having all the bells and whistles. I wouldn't be without the power advance or my SR. I lvoe having the big quilting space too! I got an APQS mostly because of the great product and the wonderful customer service. I've never been disappointed!

Hi Kerry,

The price you quoted is exactly what I paid a year ago. My machine has been the biggest "treat" of my life....still can't believe that I have it, and that I can finish quilts in a fraction of a time that I used to. I think the resale value of these machines is pretty good, seems like machines that are a few years old are still selling at a pretty good price (better than cars!!), so I felt that if it turned out that I made a big mistake I would sell it, and not be out that much. I believe that they are top of the line machines and that the company stands behind their product. You have two nights to "sleep on it". Let us know what you decide. Helen

You will be sooooo glad that you took this step! The entire world of APQS is the best--great, well-made machines with service that will stun you, plus this warm and wonderful chat forum where you are welcomed and encouraged--about quilting and about life in general.You will not be sorry.:)

Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to answer my question whether to buy or not. Obviously all of you are very happy with your purchase....and I am sure I will be too...once I make up my mind. As pointed out, I have two nights to sleep on this....I'll let you all know what I decide to do....but I already love this e-mail forum. I am not at all into chat rooms, etc. Do mostly e-mailing to friends. But, I think I've discovered a whole new "fun world" with this.

Thanks everyone!

Kerry

Dear Kerry: I'm one of the newer members here, got my Milli in 12-08. I did get the SR, and fabric advance, and it came with a lot of things as well as all the hartley, I am totally thrilled with it all, have practiced a lot, and have done quite a few donation and friends things. I've recently started on the "for real" quilts and feel great. I believe if I wanted to , I could make it pay for itself pretty soon, judging what others say about my work. I also do home dec and have already made some $ by quilting decorator yardage, very easy and profitable. As with anything, you have to find out where your nitch is and what you do better than the competition. I don't beat the competition here on price in home dec or my alterations, but I am known for doing high quality.

I liked what Helen said, because one of the things I said to myself, was if the machine was not "me" (knowing I have real issues with some machines, ie. computer, lawn edgers, !!!) I really only had to earn back the difference between what it cost and what I could sell it for. These machines typically have very high resale, judging by the forums and APQS. I have to say though, this machine is my new best friend!

On another level, the stitch quality and how easy it is to achieve on this machine are extraordinary. If I wanted to machine quilt, I wanted it to be great, and this machine can do it. The ladies (and occasional man) on this forum are tops, never have I seen a problem that hasn't been solved, and quickly. There are many great quilters on this forum, they've seen all that can go wrong, and are always helpful to us newbies. It's probably been mentioned before, not all on this forum are APQS owners, everyone is welcoming, no matter what machine you have. Stay with us!!

Pat

Kerry, Welcome to the forum. I too own a Millennium. I wouldn't own another machine. I bought mine in October 2008...and use it nearly everyday. I have done practice quilts, charity quilts, quilts for friends, and lots of quilts for me. The Millie can stand up to everyday use with the proper maintenance. I love mine. Even my daughter (age 11) has used my machine. You will love it and yes, the price is right. APQS is wonderful to work with. In my opinion...you can't go wrong joining the APQS family.

Either way you decide...you are always welcome here.

Archived