NQR:Need Prayers!

My best friend has cancer and she has at the most 2 months and I am having a very hard time with this. She is my age and was fine......then boom! Sometimes things are hard to understand. God help me to understand why things like this happen. Help Kaye and her family and guide them through this difficult time. Hold them and listen to their prayers.

Thank you all...........

Renae,

I am so sorry to hear of your friend's cancer. These things are so hard to accept and understand. I feel for you and her family-she will soon be in a better place. It is those left behind that have to deal with life without their loved ones that have gone before. You and she will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,

Julia

Guest Linda S

Renae - I'm so sorry to hear about this. You and Kaye will be in my prayers. It is a tragedy when the life of someone we love is cut short. I've had so much death around me from an early age. I now try to think that these folks who pass on are special angels sent from heaven and I'm so glad that they were part of my life while they were here. Some day we too will go to meet them. Cherish every moment you have together. Tell her everything you've ever wanted to tell her, and know that she will still remain with you long after she has left this earth.

Linda

Renae,

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Kaye. I will pray that you all find the strength to get through this. For now all you can do is be there for here and her family and make sure she knows how much she means to you! Prayers and lots of ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) coming your way!

Thank you for your prayers and kindness. I really appreciate it and I know Kaye will too. She and I have been friends for more then 40 yrs. and it is like losing a family member. Our kids are the same age and grew up together. Sorry I'm rambling, just thinking about the good old days, I guess.

Memories.........they are the best.

Memories are wonderful, Kaye. I remember a sermon from years ago, when the pastor and his family were moving away...he said that God gave us memories so that we would have roses in December. Maybe chatting about the good old days would help your friend now, and maybe bring give her a smile and some happy thoughts at a very difficult time. I'll be sending prayers along for you both.

Renae

Enjoy what time you have left together and if you have not made a quilt for her yet, I suggest you make one with a very large signing area on the back, take it to everyone to sign that you know loves her and then give it to her with a special pigma pen to have her let others sign. I have lost 2 very close friends to cancer and made a quilt like this for both and even though she may not have much time left it will comfort her just like you being there with her 24/7. I am tearing up just posting, remembering my friends who have past on to be with the Lord and know that they are also angels looking after me. Lot of prayers to you and your friend and family.

I am so sad, Renae... just recently, my neighbor across the street from my house, her husband wasn't feeling well, they did tests, flew him down to Seattle and within a week he was dead. Not enough time to blink an eye! Doctors said he had a rare form of cancer that was very agressive with not much warning.

I will keep you two in my prayers.

They found out she had cancer in the lymph glands in her legs and has now moved to her brain. She has been in the hospital in Houston where her daughter lives, but on Fri. her sister is flying her home since she can't make the drive anymore.

This is so unreal to me..........it just won't sink in that it is really happening.

Jeanne, you are so right about making the quilt for her. I have been so wrapped up in my own stupid thoughts and self pity I haven't been thinking enough about Kaye. It's time I start thinking about HER and make that quilt and have her friends sign it so she can wrap up in it and know we love her no matter what!! We are with her at ALL times and we have her in our hearts and prayers.

Thank you for kicking me in the "proverbial butt' to get me going.

Thank you everyone!

I've made one of the quilts and a friend of mine made one for a very close friend of hers. She named it the LOVE quilt and her friend chose to be buried with it. The one I made was for a friend of the family. Her family was spread out all over the US and England. Each person made and imprint of the hand and wrote a special note. These were scanned and resized and printed on fabric. We combined all the squares and made a border of crazy patch hearts around the outside. This gave her so much comfort to know all the love everybody had for her. I recently met the mom of the girl that died and even after 4 years she cried when she thanked me and told me how much that quilt meant to everybody!

Archived