Midwest get-together

Originally posted by Front Porch Quilting

I'm about 3 hours away just let me know when and where:)

Julia I can meet up with you on the interstate if you want. And we can pick up Sheri and Renea in Lincoln

:P A big sale at a quilt shop will stop everyone in their tracks!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone pick me up at the airport on your way over to the shop?

:P :P

You girls have fun shopping Friday in Omaha at The Country Sampler ..... Should I call the shop to warn the shop that a swarm of you are coming in so they can brace themselves for the feeding frenzy??? :cool:

How about meeting at my house around 11:30 for a light lunch before we hit Country Sampler? There is also a great shop in Plattsmouth and one of my students gave me a $25 gift certificate which I haven't spent yet. :P Call me 402-291-8349. Debbi, can you come tomorrow?

Julie,

We lived about 1/2 mile from Papillion LaVista High school. If I could remember the street I would tell you. I could drive there easily. There was a mall with a quilt gift shop in it, target was across the way and Baker's grocery store and Albertsons were near by too. I came down 84th street and turned left down the road that went along side of the quilt shop strip mall. Then turned right in to the subdivision and immediately turned right on to my street. Okay...I am going to have to go google earth or map quest. I'll let you know:D

Update:

Okay...left on to Centennial Ln, right on to Hickory Hill on to Lexington Ln. I was on the right side one house up on the curve of the road where it changed to Lexington Ln. We had a great house with a walk out basement that would have been a great quilt studio!

It will be a last minute throw in if i'm able to come.

I ended up staying at work tonite until 6 p.m. thinking i'd get everything taken care of at work.

Hubby has our back yard tore up, as we are expanding the concrete on the East and North sides of our pool. He took 2 days vaca (today and tomorrow) to get this done. The concrete truck will arrive at 7 a.m. on Sat a.m and I am making the breakfast burritos' for all. The neighbor 2 doors down are expanding their patio in back, and we are sharing the pumper truck and cement truck delivery fee's. So, if hubby's got all under control, i 'll be able to go, but it will be a last minute effort on my part.

So, dont plan on picking me up or anything. If I go, i'll have to wing it and drive up by myself.

Julie, i'll call you in the a.m. and let you know either way if i'm able to make it.

I really LOVE the country sampler summer sale. IT"S awsome, and i've never been able to make it on opening day. Usually it's saturday, and everythings picked over by then. **SIGH**** Keep fingers crossed!

ROFLMAO JULIE!

Well, as you know julie, I WILL be there. I'm picking up Renae in Lincoln. Her hubby Rick has to work in Lincoln tomorrow, so she's hopping a ride down with him, i'll pick her up, and we are headed straight to The Country Sampler on West Center Road. Should be there between 10:30 and 11:00.

We will meet you gals AT the quilt shop, get our sale goodies, then grab some lunch! Then, head where ever else we wanna go! I just know their sale is NOT one to be missed! We can hit the other country sampler in papillion too, either b4 or after lunch..heck, the day belongs to US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you All There!

We had sooo much fun today! Laughs, bargains and lots of fabric was purchased!

Met Roxanne and Julia Martins friend Charlotte. So, six of us altogether.

Stopped by Julie McClannan's house, met her hubby, saw her new millie and quilting area...HUGE, and Nice! Her hubby's handy too, making her quilting gadgets!

We hit only 3 quilt shops today. 2 in Omaha, 1 in Plattsmouth.

Was a very fun day. I know I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and was so glad we could all make it.

We missed your Debbi T!!!!!!

We're thinking of getting together to have a "gadget party" at Julie McClannan's before August 7th ish....before she has to go back to school. Everyone bring their rulers, etc. so we can try em out, play w/em etc.

Roxanne's a hoot and a half! You will all love her. We have to get her ready to go to MQS next year with the rest of us. We may have her arm twisted just enough. LOL!

Sorry, I forgot to take the camera today. No pics, just comments of a wonderful day!

Archived