Discovery Spool holders

Ferret

I've been doing pantos for the first time recently so staring at the back of my machine and I have a question. Why 2 spool holders? What is the point only one can be used as what would be the first thread guide on the second one has to be used to hold the power lead in? Sorry I am just curious and it suddenly struck me as really odd then I couldn't concentrate for thinking about it. Hopefully once I know it will stop bugging me.

Ferret

But wouldn't it get caught up on the power lead? I can see there is a 3 hole guide on the that side so I would have thought you needed the firt thread guide? My confusion come more from the fact the the thread guide is used by the power lead.

Ferret

The spool holder on the right hand side in the back is used when you have a machine with the bobbin winder. We just use the same set up for all the machines. It is a great place to keep you wound bobbins or your scissors. An extra spool of thread if you are changing colors. I don't use the thread guide as a power cord holder. The cord will just hang there. I usually hang it over the back end of the machine just behind the thread guides. That would well and is not in the way of my thread.I do have the overhead wiring but I don't have it up at the moment because of getting ready to move.

Myrna

Ahh that make sence. Thanks. I was told that the guide was there for the powerlead, I had a lot of problems with the power cutting out and using that to hold the cable is supposed to stop it. It is however a very tight fit so it would make more sense if it was for thread for the bobbin winder. I like the idea of an overhead power system but it will have to wait until I can move and have more space for the full size frames.

Thanks again

Ferret

I use the right holder when I want to use two threads at the same time. It works great and I've never had a problem with the thread catching on anything. As far as I know all brands of machines have 2 thread holders in the back. I used this, also, on the brand I had before my APQS machines. Since I now have the Hartley thread holders, I can use them instead of the back right one. And, yes, it works great for "storing" scissors, etc.

Archived