New Quilting Mounting System

srichardson

It looks interesting, but I'd want to see it in action. Since I switched to stapling my quilts, I save tons of time over pinning and/or basting onto my zippers. I'm not sure that I would save any more with this method. It is intriguing, though:)

It is interesting but I just did the math. I figure you need 6 units to completely load a 14 ft table, so that is 6 units x 3 leaders (I don't float my top, only a partial) so that would be $209! I know some would say that you wouldn't need to buy all the sets since you seldom fill the whole area but my last two quilt tops were 120" so I'd have to have all of them. I'd be interested in knowing how well it works.

I have seen this system and it looks like it would work just fine. I know the owner of Quilter's Paradise developed them and uses them. I already have the zipper system and have used it for years and like it so I probably won't change.

I know several people who bought the clips for their machines (mid-arms) and like them because they are easier to open than the clamps we have. Some have arthritis in their hands so the heaiver clamps are difficult for them. They say the clamps work well for them.

I am intrigued by this system. I love it when everyday items are made into something brilliant and useful. This has a track, plain ol' velcro, elastic, and some interesting clamps which the inventor probably made specific to the project. The system looks very workable and user-friendly. Bravo!!!

Did someone say Linda Card was a tester?? Linda......we need input before we out-pay!!:P

I pin, and this looks really interesting. I wish the contrast between the Mounting System and the fabric they were pinning on was clearer in the pictures. I spent quite a bit of time studying the pictures, but it's not quite clear to me how it all works. Maybe I'm just dense, and it's late as I write this. Maybe a video would help too.

I need to put new leaders on my Ultimate II and I'm intrigued by this new concept. :)

Love my zippers and stapler. The system looks interesting but that gammel frame looks complicated, I got dizzy trying to compare steps with Gator's frame (maybe it's just a blond thing). Good on Quilter's Paradise for the invention, I really like their lite grips.

Brenni not Bonnie here but I use staples too and love them. They are not at all hard to remove. You turn the plate around on the stapler so that the staples staple out. You can either give the leader a pull and pull them all off (hubby hates when I do that though because staples tend to fly and he is worried about the floors) or you can use a staple remover. Not the puller one but there is one that looks like a stick and has a metal part that slides right under the staple. I can unload in about 5 minutes or so. I would never go back to pins.

Connie you are right I too love my grip lite clamps so that is what peaks my interest.

Linda - yes I can't help myself but to do the math!

Could one of you lovely ladies, post a photo off a quilt on the frame using the staple method pretty please ;) I am trying to imagine it in my mind, but am not getting a clear picture.

Also is it the quilt back that gets stapled to the leader, and is it a stanard size stapler. ?

Sorry one more question, do you use the staple method along with the zippered leaders ?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Kathy,

I guess I never posted pics of it. The way it works is the you staple the backing onto the zippers (I actually staple to gross grain ribbon which I attached to my zipper tape so that they would last longer). Here is the link to the thread where I described it for Dory and the stapler I use. If you want pictures of it actually stapled I can do it next week. I'm getting ready to go for the weekend and I don't have anything loaded at the moment. http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=14930&page=1#pid158678

Archived