Applique quilt finally finished!!Added a few pics I forgot

Linda

Wow that is really beautiful. You really made the quilting fit the theme of each block so wonderfully. you can be very proud of your quilting, It is amazing and very unique. Instead of doing a traditional background on all the blocks your quilting in each block draws us in for a closer look. I sure hope this quilt goes into some shows. Give yourself a great big pat on the back, you deserve it!!I hope you hurry up and move my way, maybe your talent will spill over to me.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That quilt before quilting was stunning to say the least but now there are absolutely no words to describe it. I could sit and look at it all day and constantly find something new either with your quilting or her applique. Do not sell yourself short on your quilting this, you made this quilt alive.

kerry, I WISH I could keep this one!!! The workmanship of the applique and the hand embroidery are just the most beautiful I have ever seen! I am sorry the pictures just don't do it justice!! I have another one of hers that is all hand embroidery!! Wait tjll you see that one! Incredible!! linda

April, We did talk about pricing, but I said 2 1/2-3 cents psi. I just didn't realize all my starts and stops and the time it was going to take. That is why I am thinking 3 1/2 cents instead of 4. I do have another one of her quilts to do.... I just am so not sure about the pricing! I am going to be calling her tonight, so I need to decide. 4 cents sure sounds like alot!!:o Thanks~ linda

Linda, this is amazing work. Of course, I love the sashing. Not sure they are Jessica's or her

mothers, Deloa Jones, design but wonderfully executed.

But the details are incredible. The mountains and the birds, ghosting the dress on the clothesline,

the wall clock, wood floors, wallpaper/beadboard and the cityscape are my favorites.

On pricing, I would think that this amount of detail work is certainly worth 3 - 4 cents. Different

parts of the country dictate that. If you quoted her a price, when she sees it, she may want to pay

more. If not, then tell her that you will price the next one more realistic to the amount of time

and work. I don't charge for my design work, since I can use a motif in another quilt, but this is

certainly one of a kind.

Thank you so much for sharing the photos and the details. I love to look at the quilt photos. ;)

Wanda, I have the book here that she used. It is "Bonnet Girls Patterns of the Past" By Helen R. Scott. It has a note inside the front page, that you can order copies of the book from the American Quilter's Society, PO Box 3290, Padcah, KY. 42992-3290 . or online at www.AQSquilt.com IT was copyrighted in 2001, so I don't know if they would still have it, but you can check. Thank you!! linda

Linda, I am just speechless. I'm anxious to hear what your customer says. I've been longarming for a year and have learned that sometimes if I quote a price too low, it's a learning curve for me. The next time I know to price higher. (I do hope your customer pays you more than you quoted, it's worth it!) Looking at all your background work, I can see the little books where you got some of your inspiration from. (Darlene Epps) Would you mind if I saved your photos for inspiration? I am in total awe of what you did with this quilt.

Oh my gosh Linda, words cannot describe the way I feel when I look at your exquisite work. This is definitely a show quilt. YOu have done such an amazing job. do you have micro handles to get all that tiny detail or do you just go slow? please share your techniques and what your customer had to say, I think I would probably cry if it were mine

Hi All!! Well......She loved it!!! When she first looked at it she said "I think I'm going to cry!" Then I felt like crying!! I am so thankful for her letting me do this quilt! What an honor!! Bekah, I do not have micro handles.... Jeri Girl, I did forget to post those, so I will, here. thanks again and again everyone!! I told my DH I might not be able to walk out of the room....(head being too big for the door):Pno, really , I am truly humbled by all of your gracious comments! Thank you! linda...

Archived