Applique quilt finally finished!!Added a few pics I forgot

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, it is freehand. The birds and the dress hanging on the line, I did with my lazer light from pictures in the book. The clock and the little bat, I just drew on first with a blue water soluable marker then stitched them. I had to frog my first attempt at the clock...:( my little granddaughter, age 8 drew the bat for me.... I couldn't think of how to draw a bat and they were here visiting from SC and she said, mamaw, I can draw you a bat!! and she did!! :) my mom had drawn up the clock for me! Family affair, I'd say!! :):) linda

Originally posted by lindasewsit

Wanda, I have the book here that she used. It is "Bonnet Girls Patterns of the Past" By Helen R. Scott. It has a note inside the front page, that you can order copies of the book from the American Quilter's Society, PO Box 3290, Padcah, KY. 42992-3290 . or online at www.AQSquilt.com IT was copyrighted in 2001, so I don't know if they would still have it, but you can check. Thank you!! linda

Sheri, Wanda had asked the same quietion.... Here's the info I gave her. Also, I think someone on this post said they ordered one from Amazon. linda

No way can I look at all those wonderful pictures and not comment on the quality work you did. Each was perfection of ideas for the individual design. This quilt should go in many shows. I haven't been to the big shows, but this one outshines so many of what I have seen.

Thanks so much for sharing with us. Words are such puny things to try to describe what you have done here.

I had to come back and look at this again. It is truly beautiful work you've done on this quilt, Linda.

I have a technical question. I didn't see any quilting inside the applique. Did you quilt in the applique and I just can't see it? Or did you leave the applique unquilted? And if so, was that because the customer requested it?

I know, it's 3 questions, but I wanted to know.

Archived