Applique quilt finally finished!!Added a few pics I forgot

Hi LInda! I only quilted with invisable thread right along some of the hand embroidery stitches in the dresses. like where the "folds" of the dresses are. I figured they needed something to hold them down a bit. It's right beside the embroidery stitches, so you don't see it at all. I did not do every fold though, just about 2 per dress.....does that make sense? linda

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Linda;

I am sure everything has been said that I am feeling, but I just wanted to add my praises to this glorious quilt. Your did an amazing job quilting it, every block is a feast for the eyes. Also to the person that quilted it, she did an over the top job......unbelieveable detail and fine stitching and work. I love the hair and the special touches on the dresses. It is just an incredible piece of work and must have taken hours and hours. What a labor of love. In our society where we want instant everything, it is a joy to see someone take the time to make a truly heirloom piece of work. Helen

I am a little slow for the last couple of weeks and am just now seeing this. It's turned out sooo beautifully! Love the backgrounds, and the depth and definition you gave it in the applique is really making it all pop. I think my favorite part is the raindrops. That must have been a pain to do, but they areb great. They have that wow thing. going on. Awesome job Linda!

Archived