BENDABLE LIGHT QUESTION

Ok, we discussed moving the lightbar on the backside of the machine in the past.

I moved the lightbar "behind" the needle bar, because it opened up my viewing area emensly! (spelling? ) It allowed me to see "back" farther than where I was stitching, so I could prepare for which direction I may be going, if stitching "upwards."

It was easy to move the lightbar, just flip it around. You do have to "add" the same type of wire to make it about 3-4 inches longer, so you can flip it around, but wire nut it together and electrical tape and wala! You can either use an "L" bracket, or some strapping (as my hubby used) to attach it with, then just use the 2 screws on the backside of the machine head to attach it to. Let me see if I have a pic of that.

2. The other "thing" attached to my handles is a 2X magnafying glass. It enables me

to take my time stitching around applique's, etc. if i'm wanting to place my stitching in the perfect place, etc.

I have one of these lights on my dsm but never thought that it would work on JJ, my Milli. I think that I will head out this weekend to get an additional one for JJ. I don't want to have to move the one I have between machines. Thank-you Sheri. This chat is so informative.

Pamela

I have been working w/lighting for yrs now. I was at IKEA and found 2 bendable lights. I put one on each side of machine, what a joy, yes, I have to run the little white cords over the top of Milli, I was able to wind them inside the big black cord and plug them into the same surge protector it is plugged into. So, if you ever get to IKEA, they are two small spot lights with bendable hose, they have plastic holders which my husb used the screws on the top, each side of the machine to attach them.

So sad we have to go to all the time and expense for better lighting! aly:(

OK, Sheri, now that you have posted pictures I understand the plugging in part. My Millie doesn't have a plug on the back like yours. I too love my bendable light because when I am using a matching thread I have a hard time seeing where I've been but I can turn on the light at an angle to cast a shadow and that helps tremendously. Oh, and happy Independence Day,:) everyone!

So now I have to add what my electrical engineer dh said. Bendable light to him meant that someone had done the impossible and bent a beam of light around a corner! He was quite excited until he realized that we were talking about a 'goose-neck' lamp. :D

I know, groan. But I can't complain too much as he frog stitches for me!

Hi Linzi,

I had the same thought after I posted the link. The lights seem to have been selling pretty well here but I don't know if he has branched out overseas. Certainly the plug is different as it has two flat prongs. Having to buy an adaptor and voltage converter makes it rather an expensive light. Perhaps Ikea is a better idea!

Sue

Archived