Grease for repacking gear box

screate

My gear box needed to be repacked. I called APQS and they sent out a packet of grease (free) and the instructions for doing it. Very easy job. However they did not send near enough. It only filled it about 1/3 the way up. It doesn't even fill to the bottom of the shaft, let alone the gears. My poor baby is on it's back :( and being a Holiday weekend, I can't even call to have more sent until Monday. Does anyone know what kind of grease it is or where I can get more now? It is a light beige color.

Judy in N California

Judy;

If you search most of these questions have been asked and answered.

I answered this question on March 12, 2007.

Here is my answer:

The question has been asked what is the # of the grease it is Lubriplate GR132. It is available from Lubriplate Web Store 14 oz. is $16.00 plus shipping.

The factory will send you a packet for no charge but probably will charge a handling fee. (Linda has to be paid).

When I place an order I try to maximize my order so the handling fee is a small cost to get my order. I need to plan ahead as best I can for my needs.

Yes dealers pay the handling fee also.

John

This is they only place I have seen it for sale. It won't hurt you machne to just run it, it will be noisy but will not be damaged.

Thanks John. I did an internet search and found an applied industrial company carries Lubriplate GR132 grease. To my suprise they are only about 10 miles from me so I can get my baby up and running in the morning!

Judy in N California

Archived