I'm going to be moving!

I have been sitting on this news for a week and just didn't want to write about it until my DH gives notice (which is today).

As soon as our house sells, I am moving to Wausau, Wisconsin. My DH is starting a new job there at the end of this month. Pray that the house sells soon, as I have no desire to move when the weather gets real cold. I have lived in Minneapolis for a winter and know that I'll be in for some real cold temps. My body has grown accustom to the warm climate here in Virginia so the first winter is going to be a real shocker. I remember how it felt the first winter in Iowa (I was moving from San Diego at the time) egad:o.

Anyone around the Wausau area? :D

Bobbi,

Definitely wool sweaters (I also have some alpaca fleeces I am spinning into yarn for sweaters because it is warmer than wool), hats, mittens and scarves. I need to buy some winter boots too!

I have lots of quilts :D:D:D but there is always room for more:P

Just need the house to sell:o and then I'll be happy:)

Patty,

He is in Insurance. He has had several jobs in the industry where they have closed offices and we have needed to move. The job he is leaving was not what they said the job would be, so he has been looking for a new one (which is all lined up now).

Moving is hard, but also exciting because I get to see a new state, make new friends and best of all :o:o get rid of the stuff that has been gathering:P:P When I move I have a tendency to get rid of things that I don't use, otherwise they kind of hang around.

I am also looking forward to getting back to the Midwest as I feel most at home there. I know that sounds weird but that is how I feel.

Cheryl, Welcome Home!! The winters aren't too bad here, that is what the heat in the house is for. I have found it interesting that for the last couple of winters, it is nicer in Northern MN than it has been in the Missouri, Arkansas area.

Hope the house sells quickly and you get to move together instead of separated one at a time.

Kath,

Quick house sale would be great, but it is never without stress:P:P When we drive up there from here, I will have 4 dogs and a cat in the car with me and maybe my DD. It will be a crowd :D in the Toyota Prius.

Linda,

You are definitely colder in Canada:)

Carol,

Wish it was sold:P

Oh well, we're having an open house on Sunday! Maybe someone will love it and make an offer. The last open house we had only one person came through :( so maybe it will be better this time around. I know open houses usually aren't the way houses sell, but I am keeping my fingers crossed:)

Archived