My name is Dory, and I'm a Fabriholic...

Kim...I do buy some fabric because I love it and plan to use it someday. I guess I am limited by space mostly. I would love to have a larger stash than I do, would save lots of little trips to the shop for a piece of this or that! I have primarily online shopping for fabric or the occassional trip out of town. I can't resist a good sale either. I love high quality fabric and love using it in my quilts.

Okay, I am off to finish a quilt on the frame...unless I find an online shop that catches my eye first!! :D

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dory

Just catching up on this thread. I really like the sound of your Binding with a flange, I am definately going to try this out.

Thanks for sharing

Originally posted by DoryJM

You basically do the same with the flange, except it has a flange...;):D

Good Morning to my "Closet Stashers" and "webwide purchasing enablers", I love this thread. Every morning I fire up this old lap top to see whose is "bigger"!! :D;) We are not competitive at all, are we?? ;):(:D

It was so funny when Geoff and I were talking to Dawn and the other Ladies before our Class in Des Moines and he was complaining about the amount of fabric and time spend on quilting......... Dawn, who had just spend an "all nighter" finishing a quilt that had to be photographed for a quilt show entry that morning, just gave him the most classic look and asked: "Do you really expect to find any sympathy here?"

He just grins... fabric keeps me happy (books or thread or patterns can be substituted as well, but don't have quite the same "fix").

To paraphrase Shana..... If Mama is happy, everyone is happy!

Love you all,

Wow! I'm sooooo glad to see everyone's pics of stashes. I thought I was bad, maybe even horrible! But I feel much better about my walk-in closet being stuffed now that I've see bigger stashes! That means I can not feel guilty continuing to buy more fabric! I will just be catching up!

Boxes and boxes of fabric, but now I have fallen under the spell of batiks. Can't get enough. Love the batiks at: seawatchfabrics.com, great service and prices, plus order 30 dollars and shipping is free. How is that for an incentive!! another favorite is Marshall Dry Goods. Not too much to chose from but the price is right.

Georgia Gal

I ascribe to the motto - "she who dies with the most, wins" and I think I am in the running -- but there is so-0-0- much beautiful fabric out there, just waiting to come home with me --

and then the quilts -- my husband has asked (though not lately!) 'what are you going to do with all the quilts?' -- I give a lot of them for gifts, one for each grandchild when they graduate from the 8th grade -- but what to do with them is not the object, is it? Isn't it so many tempting designs and fabrics to try?

Anyway, think the addiction is wide spread, understandable and can only be treated by 'one more project'!!

So nice to know there are so many others with the same passion.

Patsy in NE

ok Shana, after looking at your Quicken entries, I can relate! That's why I am a winemaker!

Easy hobby!

Linda

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Me? I cannot... I absolutely can not walk out of a quilt shop without buying SOMETHING! I don't have an addiction, do I? No. I am not a fabriholic... But all of the (five?) storage bins in my quilting room are full and now I've started stacking the fabric on top of the lids because I REFUSE to buy another bin (because if I do that bin will be instantly full with what's stacked on top now). I need two more bins, maye three.

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!

OK this is Shana's monthly receipts in her pocket book when she enters them into Quicken:

$ fuel for car

$ groceries

$ wine and beer

$ Material Girls quilt shop

$ more fuel for car

$ Northern Threads quilt shop

$ some more groceries

$ Calico Cow quilt shop

$ wine for dinner

$ fuel for car

$ Material Girls quilt shop

$ Northern Threads quilt shop

$ groceries

$ Calico Cow quilt shop

$ more wine

Now you know where my money goes each month. It's pretty much the same every month...food, gas, booze and fabric, repeat.

Archived