Christmas 2009 fabric swap-jellyroll strips-Packages mailed--Yay!

ffq-lar

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well quilters--we reached the max in two days!!

Participation is now closed.

Start shopping and cutting.

You may send your strips whenever you like.

I hope to send all back on August 15th--or before if we are quick!

Please pin the three different fabric strips together in a bundle and send 18 bundles to:

Linda Rech

2713 Wiggins Rd

Olympia WA 98501

Please include a self addressed envelope with postage attached to send back your strips.

International swappers know what to do!

Thanks so much--This will be fun!!:cool:

That is correct, Holly.

I know there are flat rate envelopes in several sizes available at the Post Office. If you opt for those (a good idea, I think) simply enclose a check or cash for the return postage for the same size flat rate envelope and I will take care of the rest.

If you would rather send a regular squishie envelope, enclose an identical envelope with the same postage attached.

I will be cutting fabric tonight! Then I will see how big an envelope we will need.

Thanks for the great response to this exchange!

Mine are cut as well, Kerry! This will be fun!

I just watched Sewing with Nancy and she showed a great top using jellyrolls. It was a strip quilt where every other strip was uncut WOF and the alternating strips were made from strip-sets made in a tube and then cut at 2 1/2". The tube was separated at different places (ala bargello strips) and placed between the uncut strips. It was very cute! Now I have a couple of options for mine.

First strips arrived in today's mail!!

Yay!! Carmen, your envelope full of beautiful Christmas fabric is here.

Carmen used a flat-rate envelope--I think it is the $4.95 size and included cash for me to send back. The strips fit perfectly!

(And thanks for the card and treat, Carmen!):)

I have heard from a couple of swappers who are busy with Summer and vacations and warn they will be sending theirs in August. I will get to pet the fabric until then!:D

Once I get a few packages, I will post a photo to encourage and tease the rest of us.

Yes, the flat rate envelope is $4.95. I purchased the postage on line at Click-n-ship and I think by doing so I got a discount and the actual cost was $4.80. Besides the $5.00 (rounded off because easier to send than 95 cents) I also included a return label that is peel and stick to make it easier for Linda to get the return envelope addressed. Anxious to see the teaser photos and more anxious to get my jelly roll package in the mail! Thanks, Linda, for doing this!

I was handed Bonnie's (bonbon's) strips at the Moxie meeting today.

I now have four groups. As soon as I get one more, I will post a photo of the group to tease everyone!

Hi Cathy--there are numerous books offering designs using jellyrolls, and probably lots on-line.

I am thinking of using the strips as sashing around larger blocks of holiday fabric. I might use a cream or gold color with a tiny design so I can have a nice space for some special quilting.

Another thought was to piece a scrappy triple Irish Chain with plain white and again do some fancy stitching in the white spaces.

Who else has some ideas?

I found a pattern in an older magazine that I am thinking about using. It is for jelly rolls...but the layout is going to take some planning to make the colors flow properly. I am still working on the design in my spare time (haha...like I have any of that!) Maybe I meant sleep (oops...when do I do that either!) Oh well, either way, I sorta have a pattern in mind.

Archived