how wide can I go?

sewingjunky

The largest one I've done on my 12 ft. table is 125 inches wide. I don't have a computer so I'm not sure how much room it takes away. 125 inches maxed my table and my 126 in. zippers. Luckily, most aren't that wide. I don't know what this woman was thinking! I think it would hang to the floor on a king size bed. Yikes!

Thanks a bunch. I will measure the distance between the sensors. Thanks quilting has been a bit quiet and all of the sudden I have had a few calls for BIG quilts to be done. Maybe everyone was doing their projects that were already bought and hard to do?

Thanks

Brendalee

Brendalee,

My Millie w/CQ is on an 11 1/2' frame. I just completed an E2E on a 113" wide quilt top. Backing was 118". I have a 110" quilt loaded right now. My leaders are 120" and my zippers are 122" long. I could have safely squeezed out maybe 115". I have turned off my x-axis limit switch so the CQ does not stop automatically. You have to be very careful not to hit the side of the frame if you turn the switches off. You should be able to get 6 more inches on your 12" frame with the limit switch off. By the way, CQ no longer puts the X-limit switch on as they feel it is no longer needed. Hope this helps.

Sherry

Archived