general maintenance/parts replacement

cvrchota

i have been experiencing problems with my tension and stitch quality as well as skipping stitches for quite a while... different problems at different times...anyway, I've decided that maybe I should do a pretty thorough maintenance on my '03 millie replacing parts like the brushes, encoder wheels, wheels, and whatever else sounds like a good idea.... so... what else should I be replacing? i had the head to carroll about 2 or 3 years ago but i don't think any of these parts were replaced, and within the past year, we repacked the grease box.... can i get of list of parts that i should order from apqs to be replaced as a matter of routine maintenance... thanks! charla

I would consider sending it back to Amy at the factory and let her go through your machine.

I sent my '02 Millie back there when they came out with the new hopping foot and had Connie install it for me and she did her magic going through it all and the result was a machine that ran better than when it was new. It still is running great and was very very pleased with the results....

Hi Charla

I'd look at changing the hook assembly as it might fix your stitch quality problems. the life of a hook assembly with reasonable wear is around 3-5 years.

Clean the motor brush cavity and replace the brushes

Change the pigtail guides

Get new a new bobbin case and a couple of spare backlash springs

Have a new check spring on hand or a complete new tensioner

Those are the parts I'd order.

If you are not going to send it in for a service, I'd order a new manual as it has a very comprehensive section at the back on maintenance and you should be able to do all thats necessary from the instructions in there. Having said that, any major new prt that you order will come with full instructions with photos.

Good luck

Sue in Australia

Archived