Monica.....My Thread Holder!!!

Monica, You asked for a picture of my thread holder and this is it. Nothing fancy, just a white pegboard that my DH mounted on the wall with 4 inch pegs. It is handy to my "Maggie" and my clients can choose the thread they want if they choose to do so. Here it is............

post--13461902249696_thumb.jpg

:D:D:D Julie you are soooooooo funny!!! :D:D:D

No, I don't own a quilt shop. I just have a studio in my basement and that is just a little part of my stash........you want to see picture of my stash and my quilt studio???? It is a mess but I can take pics of it. I have tubs with projects on top of my shelves that need to be cut and put together with the patterns and some are in crates and on in totes on the shelf and under my cutting table. That isn't counting what I have in my walk in closet..........:P:P:P when I can get in there.:o:o

Most of what is in my closet are my magazines and crochet books and left over batting and serger in a box and my sewing machine carry all on wheels and fabric for sweatshirts and more fabric, fat quarters mostly.

:D:D My DH made everything in my Studio for me. There isn't anything he didn't make and that includes my 3-position sewing machine cabinet. But I have outgrown my room already.....so I think he is going to loose his T.V. room very soon. :D:D

You may be right Vicki. And I have been to Quilt Shops from here to New York City to the Gulf Coast, before Katrina took New Orleans. And believe me I have fabric from every big and small city we stopped at. But that was a few yrs ago. I have yet to get that quilt put together........have any volunteers????;)

Do you step into that gorgeous room and feel the weight of the world fall away? I was just talking with Den about how the stresses of "outside" disappear when I step into the studio.

;)I love to de-stress in your studio any time! I think I am suffering from studio envy!! That is a wonderful, well designed space.;)

I'm going to copy that cutting table, except at one end I need a roller, and make the table 55" wide. I do home dec (to support my habit) and it would be great to have a table that tall to roll out the upholstry fabric straight from the bolt. I will probably always sew home dec and alterations , around here they are fairly high paying.

You have an L shaped space? I do like that you have so much wall space, unfortunately I've got a walk out basement, good light, but almost no walls because of fireplace and windows. Then there's that pesky pooltable left over from "teen" habitation....:P

I really got a lot of ideas, would really like others to post studio ideas, eye candy:cool: Pat

Archived