Found Quilt

I read this on the MQP board just now and thought I would pass it along. If this was my quilt, I would want it back.

---------------

I got this from one of my other groups:

Please share with other groups as you find appropriate This info comes from a trusted source. The quilt has still not been claimed. Please share this info among your quilting friends

"On Sunday, June 21st, one of my neighbors found a quilt on the westbound lane of Hwy 64 near Tarboro, NC. She says the quilt was wrapped in one of those plastic blanket packages...She says it is hand work and machine quilting. There is no label attached and she cannot find a signature. She wants to return it to its owner, as she is a needle worker, and says she would be sick if she lost one of her works.Please pass this email around and if anyone knows anything, call Alison Boyette 252-813-1594) or email me at mom4matkat@gmail. com_

Now a note from me: SOMEONE somewhere reached their destination without this quilt. That person will be able to describe the quilt to Alison. As of yesterday the quilt had still not been claimed.If you know of any quilt show in that area

to which this quilt might have been en route, please let Allison know as that might be a source of leads. The quilt was found along Highway 64, NOT Interstate 64....

Sue, there are a couple of websites whereby people can share their information about quilts being lost and/or found.

They are:

http://www.theappliquesociety.org/lost-quilts/

and

http://www.lostquilt.com/

It might well be worth posting your information on both of these sites, as well. I know that if it was my quilt, I'd be frantic & looking everywhere (including the internet) for help in finding a lost quilt.

Thank you for posting this information.

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

Newspapers put FREE ads in on Lost and found items alot of times...try the local papers, the shopper magazines, radio 'want-ads', etc. This quilt wants to go home...I'm sure, because someone loves it. Bless you for putting forth the effort to re-unite the quilt with it's owner.

You would think the owner would be putting "LOST" ads on the local media...??? Hope it works out in a happy way. ML

Archived