Light Bulb fell out - can't get it back in

Hi,

I'm a newbie - have a 2005 Millenium for just a few weeks and finally have time to start sewing on it.

During my first practice sew out the light bulb fell out and I'll be darn it I can get it back in. I'm going through the manual page by page trying to find the page for putting it back in but haven't found it yet - when you have 3 - 4 manuals it's hard to know where to look. I think I need to put some type of index tabs on these books because apparently there is no index with them or mine is missing.

Can someone tell me how to get the bulb back in - it's my only real lighting right now and I can't really work without it. Feeling very inadequate here since putting a bulb in should be pretty easy.

Any help would be appreciated.....Mercedes (Kay)

Mercedes,

It's like Sheri said - a rolling motion. It helps if you think about it like a much bigger fluorescent light - the pins on the end of the bulb have to slide up into the bracket, then you have to roll the bulb to seat it in the bracket.

You can call me if you want verbal instructions - just get my number off my website.

Good luck!

Oh, and welcome to our family!!!:P

Hi,

There are two slots in each side of the bulb holder. I put the ends in the slot and tried rolling the bulb but nothing happens. Am I supposed to stand in front or the back of the machine and then which way do I roll the bulb. I've tried both but it just falls back out. I feel pretty dumb right now but need to learn this. It's actually pretty funny, I've been sewing since I was a kid and here I can't even get a bulb replaced - yikes!

I'm a beginner all over again but the machine is just much much bigger - ha!

This is a common problem with this light. The contacts on the end socket get distorted. You might find it easier to remove the light bar, turn it over and examine the contacts, you can align them with a screwdriver and needle nose pliers. When it is upside down you have a good view of the sockets. This is just like overhead lights only smaller.

John

Hi,

I don't know that removing the light bar would work for me since I don't see any screws anywhere to remove this. If I can get it off, how is the light supposed to lineup with the sockets? I'm not sure I would know what I'm looking for to line it up. I am light bulb challenged....Mercedes (Kay)

Mrercedes,

Seriously, you can call me, tonight or anytime tomorrow - we're in the same time zone and my Millie is a 2005, just like yours. My # is (509) 447-3803.

I change the bulb on my Millie all the time, use blacklight bulb, so I know how to do this - it's just kinda hard to describe on the chat.

Hi Barb,

That is so nice of you. I'm going to give it another try this morning after my coffee and if I get no results, you may be hearing from me. This is such a great group and to find someone so close with the same year Millie as mine - how very cool!

Thank you...Mercedes (Kay):):)

Light bulb success! I didn't realize that you really had to use some muscle to get the bulb in - I was being way to light handed. It is in and I am back to practicing those "L's" and "E's". I'm doing the Happy Dance!

This is too much fun! My next challenge will be loading more fabric and batting - I'm about to run out....Mercedes(Kay)

Archived