Quilt under 2 hours???

I can already tell that making a quilt in two hours in not the problem. I have ADHA, ADHD, or whatever it is. I can't focus on one project at a time. So far this morning: "chat", finish quilting one on the machine, shuffle laundry, eat breakfast, play a game of cribbage with DH, "chat" some more, iron fat quarters, trim FQ, plan placement, get dressed, plan lace on another quilt, look at batting supply, .....not to mention hunting for tools, brushing hair, tidying the bedroom, emptying the DW, look at the weeds in yard, think about watering lawn, OH it goes on and on and on. How do I ever get anything done?!

How much time did that take me? It's already 10:30 and I got up at 7:00! I need a quilt fairy to follow me around and time me as I work on this one project. It may take me a week to do one 2-hour quilt!:P

I'm editing here.

It's 1:00 and I finished the top. I've decided that making a quilt in under 2 hours is not my cup of tea. It would take a much younger, more nimble-fingered, much more efficient planner, to pull it off. Here is what I've done so far:

2452941610100404369KuKWYa_th.jpg

I'm planning to quilt it via computer this afternoon. We'll see how long THAT takes. Hmmmmm what to do about binding?

OK, so total time was under 4 hours, but it took me almost a week to do it. The quilting took about 45 minutes, binding took a little longer cause I had to cut, seam, press/fold, attach, and finish. I did it on the DSM which was a lot faster. I think had I planned a little more I would have left more backing and used it for the binding, just fold and turn it to the front.

WHew, it's done and I get to work on my 30's quilt. Good luck to those who try the 2 hour quilt. Let us know what you do.

BTW: Quilter's Dream PUFF batting, signature Aqua Waters, 41x52, Bubbles E2E, computer quilting.

post--13461902396514_thumb.jpg

Archived