SURPRISE!!!! -- New CL Sakura Template

Georgene

Here are a few pics using the new Circle Lord Sakura Template, just released. See CL blog for more pics and special introductory prices:

http://circlelordsakura.blogspot.com/

It was very exciting working with my friend Ann Humphries (she's the artist who drew the design) and Michael and Kay of Circle Lord, and being involved in the design phase of a template.

It takes a little longer to quilt than most other CL templates, so I am going to charge a little extra for this lovely beauty.

This quilt is a whole cloth using a satin like material with a floral backing.

post--13461902350238_thumb.jpg

The coffee/cream/beige quilt was made by Lynda Doll of Sautee/Nacoochie, Georgia! It's a wedding gift. When she brought it to me, I knew it had to be quilted with the new Sakura template! I love the pattern and I know all of you will as well. Michael did a lot of work to get my design onto a template board! He's the best! Thanks for all the rave reviews! I love all you girls!

Originally posted by lyonden

Georgene----I was looking for a continual line between motifs and can't see one. Is each motif done seperately? There is a little spot that may be a small line leading from one to another but not sure.

I thought it was individual too...but if you read the CL blog spot it says continuos.

I think that design is beautiful! I just called Michael to order one, but the design is too large to fit on my Liberty. (:

So ladies & gents, if there are enough prople requesting it for their Liberties, maybe we can convince Michael to redesign it for our smaller machines.

This is my favorite of all of them!

The design is continuous, but it's not all completed in the first pass.

When you get to the cross over point you navigate down and complete almost all of the design.

When you get to the end of the line, you come back by going up at the cross over point. There is only a little bit left on this return trip, mostly the tops of the motifs.

In the beginning I missed some of the crossover points, so I marked those with a Sharpie.

Just remember to go DOWN at the crossover all the way across, then coming back go UP at the crossover, and it will all work out.

Originally posted by sandradarlington

I think that design is beautiful! I just called Michael to order one, but the design is too large to fit on my Liberty. (:

Hi Sandra

Would you not be able to roll your quilt after the first pass.?

I am hoping that it will fit the Lenni as there is about 15 1/2" sewing space.

It really is very nice.

Georgene

I have a big favour, pretty please.:) Could you trace over the sewing line over the picture of the template, as I keeping tracing it out with my finger, but cannot quite get it.

I seem to have a mental block at the moment as I had the same problem with the Swirls:D got that one now, though a couple of times today I somehow went back the wrong way :D

Archived