"Sling" for Tops and Batting

I remember reading on here many moons ago about a sling that some of you craftier people had made from a sheet that you used to keep your quilt tops and batting off the floor. I'd like to make myself one of those and have been pondering how you attach it to the machine. Or, if anyone else has another system they use to keep them from dragging on the floor, I'd love to hear what you do.

I just can't seem to get the hang of loading my tops. Seems like when I finally get to the bottom of the quilt top, the quilting has made everything shift and things aren't where they should be. I think I'm quilt-top challenged:o

I am using a King Size flat sheet, folded into quarters lengthwise. That way the batting sits in one side of the sling the quilt top in another.

I have some extra long selvedges cut from Backing fabric which I have looped around the end table legs and these have two or three safety pins pinned through the sheet.

It is working for now, but I did notice the sheet is weak near the pinned ends. Oh well I have another used sheet I can use when it goes. I never sem to wear out the flat sheet on my bed!

Lyn

I made my sling out of PVC pipe and a heavy fabric.

I have a Nolting so I can put the webbing tapes on the side,hung the pipes.

The fabric is just gathered in a sleeve and measured how long my table is and I just folded the WOF in half for the length.

My batting and tops stay clean.

I love it.

Go to me webshots and I have pictures posted

Archived