Zippers

Tracy G

Originally posted by sewlinzi

Will you be making quilts or kilts?!:P

Today Linzi I am not going to Einstein. If I had a brain I would be dangerous!!!!

You found me out!!!!!!!!!

I am going to be making quilted kilts:P:P Versace, D&G, DKNY etc you saw the idea here first.

Tracy G

Now there's an interesting picture in my mind.

I bought zippers and find them very useful' especially when frogging as you can take the quilt off in a jiffy and sit in front of the TV when you're tired and carry on working. I also can practiseon my rubbish bits, then zip them off and then zip on the quilt all in 5 minutes.

I attached grosgrain ribbon ( do it with a walking foot) onto the zips, this saves you ripping your fingers on the pins when zipping on and off.

Get 3 sets at least . One for your practise piece, one for your masterpiece that is going to take weeks and one for the customer quilt you suddenly need to do tomorrow.

Hi Yvette,

Did you purchase your zippers from the USA or did you manage to source them nearer home?

At the moment I don't intend doing quilting for other people. My machine is bought just purely for my enjoyment!!!!

Going for cake on Friday with Linzi Rockstar, so no doubt will meet you and the others then.

Tracy G

I bought my zippers from the USA. They are YKK brand but noone in the UK trade seems to make them. There are several longarm suppliers in the US that you can get them from.

See you at Ferrets on friday with the cake and Linzi rockstar ( I'm sure we could play a game of quilters Cluedo).

Anyone for dinner on friday evening or are you all at the event dinner happenings?

Yvette

Originally posted by KathG

Naughty girls :D:D:D:D Stop reminding me about cake :P :P:P:P.

Only joking, I am going to have the weekend off from my diet.

Lucky you. I'm packing my swimsuit and gym stuff so if I do fall off the wagon I can chastise myself with a workout in the gym.:P

:P

Linzi Rockstar says the cakes have no calories!!!!

Tracy

Anyone for dinner on friday evening or are you all at the event dinner happenings?

Yvette

Sorry Yvette I have promised my DH that I will take him into Birmingham for dinner ( if I have any money left) That's my penance for dragging him to Birmingham. :P

Hopefully next year he'll stay at home.

Hope to see you at cakes with Linzi.

Tracy

My cakes won't fill you up...

Linzi Rockstar:P

(the zippers do actually sound v useful now that you explain how they could work...)

Linzi Rockstar, have just checked out the website that Jeanne posted. Claudia in Germany is a rep for these zippers. I've had a look at her website but my german language expert doesn't live at home anymore. I've just spoken to her but she is laid up with a severs kidney infection. This is when I wished she lived a bit nearer home.

Claudia,

I'd be grateful if you could give me some advice on zippers and cost. My machine is going to be a Lenni with a 10ft table.

Thanks in anticipation.

Tracy G

Even more reason to go and see Claudia!

Linzi ,

I wish:P what with 2010 being the year, a 21st birthday, my silver wedding anniversary ( now I feel old) and DD might be getting married I don't know if my DHs wallet could cope P:P:P:P

Tracy G

I've been thinking of getting a set to try. Everyone here seems to love them. I am tired of leaning over the frame to pin the quilts on and I hate having to pin and un-pin quilts before I am finished to get to a customers quilt. The zippers sound like a time saver, not to mention a back saver as well.

Zippers are one of the "must have" items. I have many sets. Being an APQS rep I have to switch quilts a lot. Murphy's law, as soon as I load a quilt someone calls and requests a machine demo. Zip off the quilt top and zip on the muslin!!!

Originally posted by elkayr

Get 3 sets at least . One for your practise piece, one for your masterpiece that is going to take weeks and one for the customer quilt you suddenly need to do tomorrow.

When you say 3 sets, do you mean a machine set & 2 quilt sets?

Linda

I think she meant 1 for the machine and 3 quilt sets. Usually the machine set comes with a quilt set. Basically, have enough for 3 quilts.

Does anyone remember the post where Dawn Cavanaugh told how to install the zippers by attaching them to canvas fabric first, before they are attached to the machine leaders. I have spent all day searching and I can't find it. I'm fairly sure it was Dawn but it could be someone else. She didn't start the post but she gave her idea for attaching the zippers. I want to use her way of doing it , but can't find the post. I saved it on my computer but it( my computer) crashed. Needless to say I lost all my saved "Favorites" from the forum. Any help would be appreciated.

Archived