Do I need to do more quilting here? pictures now!

Do I need to do more quilting in the white? I know some people quilt every square centimeter of a quilt top and others don't. I'd like to know if others think that this looks "unfinished."

Customer is paying for custom. She wants feathers in both outer borders done with matching thread.

Thanks for your ideas.

More SID around the hexagons? Echo the feathers? Feathers around edge of star?

post--13461902455276_thumb.jpg

I'm agreeing with the others, not because I think you should, but because it looks unfinished the way you have it.....the openings are to big and it doesn't look complete...with a bit of stippling or a background of some sort it will do that.

I really really like what you have done so far, but more please.....your feathers...AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I am jealous...they are gorgeous....mine still have a lot of work to be that pretty.

beautiful quilting but definately needs to be filled in more with echo, mc tavishing , feathers or simple meandering so there isnt large areas with out anything. Use the same density as the rest and just keep echoing until you reach the feathers or edges. Very pretty so far.

That's an interesting pattern where the hexagons run into each other--like little hexagon shadows. Something similar would look smart. I regret not quilting more in my whole cloth quilt. After washing it, the unquilted spaces looked like elephant skin!:P

You do wonderful precise quilting! It's really a lovely quilt, and the colors are gorgeous. It does appear to need just a bit more quilting though. You've gone this far, so might as well fill it in all the way. I'm not sure with what---also I don't know what you have in the coral colored sashing or borders. When you finish it up---please post more pictures. (I also like the size of your pictures) easy to see. BTW: Those feathers are beautiful!

wow Ann such awesome feathers and the quilting just really makes this quilt special. I agree with everyone else though it needs just a tad more quilting in the wider spaces. I really like this qult, for some reason it is soothing to me.

Archived