Good news for Lancaster, PA area quilters

When I opened my newspaper today, I got so excited to see the quilt show held in March/April has moved! We have a new convention center & hotel that opened in June in Lancaster City. It has a 45,000 square-foot exhibit hall and meeting rooms for seminars, etc.

According to the article, the promoter of the quilt show for the past 20 years at the Lancaster Host Resort is retiring and was not planning to hold the show in 2010.

When tourism officials learned the quilt show was not slated to occur there next year, they contacted the Paducah, KY-based American Quilter’s Society, one of the largest of its kind in the country. They have signed to do three shows at this convention center.

I think this is the best thing that could have happened to the Lancaster, PA show. The Lancaster Host Resort was so difficult to get around. It was split up among two buildings & several floors of the hotel. It isn’t very easy for people with walking issues or wheelchairs to get around.

I think the American Quilter’s Society will breath new life into this area. Maybe it will attract new vendors to give us a fresh new insight to new quilting “gadgets” and ideas.

I am anxious to go to the Lancaster quilt show since I did not

go last year. It had the same vendors as past years and not to much new to see.

I just wanted to pass this on so anyone interested in coming to the Lancaster show could make plans!

Becky

Archived