Into the Shadows

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LIAM,

KEEP YOUR HINEY POSTING ON THIS CHAT!

Now i'm starting to wonder if this "person" is really an APQS chatter, or just a peeking in person.

Either way, how would you say you re-read your postings and who would say such a thing, is beyond me. NOT us quilters! Makes me think it's a "NOBODY".

Blow it off my friend, and laugh your bum off at the jerk who advised you to do so.

They need counseling. BAAAAAAAAAAD!

Liam,

I am so sorry this has happened. I know how you feel. I was a recipient about a year ago of a similar email. Someone had taken one of my posts out of context and got offended. I received an ugly, nasty email and all I wanted to do was crawl in a hole and never come out.

Please don't let it stop you from sharing and spending time with us on this forum. It takes time to get over the hurt this person has caused you, but please come back to visit.

Liam, you just stay here where you belong!! We all appreciate your advice and suggestions. Whoever it was DOES NOT belong here and she can leave as far as I am concerned. She has a lot of nerve to suggest that you leave in the first place and she does NOT speak for us!!!

We have men and women here and don't care what gender you are, we respect each other and that is what is important to me. Please stay and remember......this person does NOT speak for me.

Liam,

I want you to stay!!! It is just a fact of life that some have to tear someone else down to feel better about themselves. I call these folks "Emotional Vampiers". Don't let them feed off of your hurt feelings, it's just what they live for. Pray for them to get a life, and rejoice in the companionship of the wonderful people here on this forum. Life is to short and frankly to hard to waste one moment on this pitifull persons opion on anything.

To the one who did this to our friend Liam, SHAME ON YOU!

Kay

First, I did not give this 'person' permission to speak for me

Second, who died and made her/him forum god?

third, I have night vision goggles and I'll find you in the shadows. Hide and seek is my favorite game......MARCO???

the wise dr suess says:

Be who you are and say what you feel

because those who mind don't matter

and those who matter don't mind.”

I too am mostly a lurker but am surprised that someone would be so mean in a group that is bound by their love of quilting! I ditto everything everyone else here has said and would hope that we can just ignore this person and continue supporting and learning from each other!

Vicki

Liam, I am sorry that some coward :mad: feels you don't have a place here! That is SO NOT TRUE! I've read your posts and looked at the quilts you've posted, you are articulate, kind and talented so you are very welcome here no matter what! I appreciate you sharing this with the forum so that you can see it's not how the majority feel, I think that Shana covered every possibility :) so please stay and share and read along with the rest of us!

We had some very open topics last year about the candidates and the election and for the most part it was amazing to see everyone's thoughts and opinions with no nastiness, and when someone did get out of line the topic was pulled at the request of the participants!

Your contributions would certainly be missed!

OMG - I am so sorry that you have had this awful experience. As other have already said, this person did not speak for all of us. You are more than welcome to remain and join in the fun. Please, if you can, just put this email aside and remain in the group - comments and all. We learn from each other and that is the fun.

Liam - I ditto all of the above posts. Someone said that the e-mail may be from someone who hides in the shadows themselves and I think that may be the case. Whatever you do, don't leave us. Your words of encouragement are always just that. Encouragement for each of us. We would miss you if you weren't here. I agree that this person needs some counseling or new medication???;)

Well, Jeez Liam! Surely you get that we all care and want you here by now!

I've been in your shoes before, and I always wonder "who wouldn't like me?" Liam we love your input and you are just an all around nice guy! and YES, we LIKE you and don't want you in the shadows!

Must be the changing weather or another full moon on the prowl... been lots of posts about icky stuff... I just can't imagine a quilter saying something rude to another quilter.

Okay, everyone...I think we need to follow Kristina's lead. Let's send Liam an e-mail and tell him to read these posts. He needs to know that we all value his opinion and don't want him to leave.

Then we need to see about getting that homicidal Shannon committed;)...but that will have to wait. This is far more important.

Everyone go e-mail Liam now and tell him to read the forum. He'll be so sick of us he'll either come back or move!:P

Well, there are just a few mean people in the world and isn't it a shame they can't find a better cause than pciking on a fellow quilter. I would delete that email from your computer and your memory and if the person who sent it is checking out these responses I say - SHAME ON YOU! There now, Liam, don't you feel better?

I usually read these kinds of posts and then don't comment because everyone usually says it better than I can but I'm going to stick my 2 cents in on this one.

NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO SPEAK FOR ME!

Liam, You have every right to be on this forum. Please don't let one unthinking, uncaring person drive you away.

Liam,

I apologize to you. As a person who posts (a lot) on this forum, I am speechless. Part of me wants to say I cannot believe that someone would send you a message like that. But another part of me knows that we are dealing with the internet and there is a bit of anonymity that they would not have if they were face to face speaking to you. I doubt that person would have said that to your face. Shame on them.

I encourage you to continue to post on this forum. Everyone is welcome here.

Since this is the internet, we get all types of personalities here. And I can say from experience that I too have received nasty u2u messages from one individual who called me a snake in the grass....he didn't and doesn't know me. We don't really 'know" most of the people we are "talking" to on this forum. So we probably should be guarded....you never know who is in the shadows. This of course doesn’t include the many, many wonderful people I have met from this form who I consider "family".

Please do not let this one person turn you away from our forum. Your opinion, questions, insight, pictures, etc are valued by the majority.

*eye roll*:) please people...the night vision is for fun....we don't have electricity at our hunting club....and we have no running water....when nature calls at night, it's nice to be able to see before/where you squat...

geez.....BUT i would love to play hide and seek with someone at night that has a pair too...now that would be fun. like in a field with hay rolls....with paint ball guns....now there's an idea...but, i'm just a silly country redneck chic...entertainment is definied differently for me :P

and bonnie doesn't need a skip tracer- she already has all my contact info...:P

tsk,tsk *mommy finger shake*

okay, now i'll go hide and you come find me....close your eyes and count to 20

I am mostly a lurker as well, and am enjoying what in my opinion at least, is probably the friendliest, most welcoming and informative chat I have ever read, and I am happy to come "out of the shadows" and be included among those who are voicing their overwhelming support for Liam. Very disappointing to learn this has happened, but also very encouraging to see so many speak out.

Liam,

I am so sorry hear about your bad experience here on the forum. I have found this to be one of the most accepting groups I've ever known. I know there are other men who quilt and post to this forum. Would that nasty person tell Ricky Tims he wasn't welcome to share his ideas here? I think NOT! I'm sure you have very valuable ideas to share, and need question answered just like the rest of us. Don't go away.

Originally posted by doodlebug

and bonnie doesn't need a skip tracer- she already has all my contact info...:P

Shannon--I meant Bonnie would have the address of the mean emailer FOR you!

I love the visual of you and your night-vision goggles and where to squat!:P

I hope Liam realizes he is in good company. Lots of us (me too) have received emails "correcting" our perceived bad behavior. Good luck with that! If Den can't get me trained, it's a lost cause!

Archived