Into the Shadows

Originally posted by Katydids

It takes time to get over the hurt this person has caused you, but please come back to visit.

Oh so true. . .

My turn...Liam, if you are still reading the posts, listen to what all of us are saying. More than a few of us have received those nasty emails off line, and we are still here. It takes me a while to notice if a poster is male or female, and only if they use gender specific pronouns and descriptions, if you know what I mean. I just listen to the "quilty" information and enjoy the pictures and camaraderie. Makes no difference to me where people come from or what they do off this forum. I always try to give back a little more than I receive. I used to be a lurker, but my conscience said "give a little" and you know what? The more I give the more I get.

All you lurkers out there, please join us and let's make it better than ever before! We can't let those anonymous negative spoilsports deter us from our passion. Hit the delete button and heal the wound and open your heart to the quilters of the world.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shannon--I meant Bonnie would have the address of the mean emailer FOR you!

oh *V-8 slap* duh....sorry my brain got stuck on blonde mode. but i got over it.....

i think it would be fun IF we had that info and we all sent 'anonymous' emails to that person letting them know EXACTLY how we felt.....(and i use the term 'we' in a general sense of fun poking, not that i assume to speak for the forum :) ) but that would be stooping to their level, and i have higher standards...;) at least i play one on tv

oh crap, now i think i'll have to put a legal disclaimer in my signature, but i'll have to speak to my lawyer bout the wording. i don't want to leave any loop holes...:o

Liam !!! I wish the person who wrote to you would have posted here. Maybe you should post all the info you have here and then we'll all know who has the burr up her ----- Well you know. After all, if they are willing to say it to you, they shouldn't mind that we all know!!! Just a thought!!!

Please don't stop posting It's clear that you have offended only one of us and the general opinion is that that one person was way out of line!!! I too agree that I haven't given ANYONE permission to speak for me and neither has APQS.

I don't see anything offensive in your posts but I'm not the forum police either!!! This forum is for anyone and if anything is inappropriate it should be reported to APQS. APQS will decide what to do if anything. We've had lots of talk about other brands of machines and they don't censure that.

BTW Is that a Llama or Alpaca in your picture? Very cute!!!

Please post and let us know you are reading our posts or we will all have to flood your email with messages begging you to come back out of the shadows!!!

Liam,

PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one has the right to speak for the forum, I have felt slighted before in many different venues and I have decided it was just me...................People can like me or not but that doesn't mean I have nothing to say. I also have to say that sometimes I read things into happenings or conversation (or lack thereof) that isn't true!!!! Sometimes I have to remind myself it is not always about ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have never offended me and I hope other than the chicken s--t that e-mailed you I hope we haven't offended you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE WELCOME HERE:):):):):):):):):)

Holy Smoke! I go away on a little mini vacation and this is the first post I read. How horrible for you Liam! Everything that I would want to say has been said - Liam, 'listen' to the posts and know that this forum is full of good people who want you here. You are a quilter, and therefore have something to contribute.

Unfortunately it is too easy for lurkers on the internet to abuse 'anonymity' and the person who sent you this email may not even be a quilter, just someone who gets their jollies by being hurtful. Stay with us please...

Liam,

I am appalled and angry that someone would email you or anyone for that matter and say that they were speaking for everyone on this chat. It seems to me that this person is a coward to "hide" their objections, criticism, or whatever from the rest of us and then try to get you to believe that all of us agree with them.

I have found nothing in your posts that bothers or disturbs me. I think that it is great that men quilt and I welcome your point of view.

Please don't let one bad apple spoil you on the whole bushel. I hope that you will continue to post.

Linda

Liam, unfortunately there are people out there in cyber land with opinions who like to rule the roost. I am throwing my support in here with everyone else. It feels horrible to think that someone doesn't "like" us or can't appreciate our contributions to an open forum. But you have to remember this is just one person, not the entire forum. So stay here!

And guess what? I've been lurking for quite a while. This post at least got me on board with all the others.

Hang in there and don't sweat the small stuff.

Tina

Wow! While I am sorry that this happened to you, it's kinda good to know that I'm not the only one that had something similar happen. My feelings were hurt and I've pretty much kept to myself since. :( I'm not a fighter, I just sort of slink away with my tail between my legs!

I hope that you will keep posting, I find that it is refreshing to have a male's take on quilting.

Originally posted by kennan100

Welcome out of Lurkdom Sharon! And wjat a perfect thread to do it in! And don't you dare disappear either! Any other lurkers want to come play? Come out, come out where ever you are!

Thank you Kenna! I have learned so much from this forum, and enjoy reading as much as I can....from men and women alike! Very cool to see that this thread has brought out quite a few lurkers to support Liam.

I, like many others I suppose, have not felt I have much to contribute yet, so have remained in the background to soak up as much information as I can....it would be a shame if any newbies were scared away from this forum for fear of being reprimanded by anonymous persons.

p.s. I'm guessing I may be more active in the near future as my Millenium should be arriving in a few weeks :D I'm sure I will have questions :)

THANK YOU…EVERYONE!!!

I’m surprised, but not totally surprised by all the heartfelt comments and support here. I always thought everyone here were extremely nice, helpful, encouraging, compassionate, and inspiring. When I received this anonymous email, I was really taken back. I have to say the person who sent this email was clever in the way of knowing what and how to say what was said. It made me really question myself and I was so afraid I actually said something that offended someone. I reviewed my comments that were posted and I couldn’t see anything I thought would offend anyone. But then again I am a male, so I thought maybe it was one of those “Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus” things ;). I am so glad to hear this was not the case.

I would like to Thank Everyone for making me feel so welcomed. I was moved by all the emails I received, you guys (gals) are a great bunch. Thanks!!! I will not retreat to the shadows and I will continue to participate in this forum I’ve come to love and enjoy so much.

I was going to make a comment to the person who sent me the nasty email, but I believe everyone here has already gotten the point across much better than I could have……Thanks :)

I'd also would like to say Thanks to all my fellow newbies for their kind words and support. I personally would like to Welcome: Judy, Hazel, Sharon, Tina, Linda, Debbie, Kay, Terri, Debbie, Joyce and Gloria. If I missed anyone please forgive me and Welcome. Several positives have came from my post, one being, several people came out of lurkhood. :)

Originally posted by Sharon M

.......p.s. I'm guessing I may be more active in the near future as my Millenium should be arriving in a few weeks :D I'm sure I will have questions :)

Hi Sharon. You are going to hit the ground running with your machine. Because you've been hanging out here with us and learning a lot already, your learning curve is now reduced greatly and your confidence is increased greatly, too. I lurked for a long time before I jumped in here and opened my big mouth! And unfortunately now I can't seem to keep it shut! :P Anyway, I am happy for you Sharon. Have fun and keep us posted on your machine arrival and the quilts you will work on. It's so fun, isn't it???

:)

Shana

Boni and Sharon; The Tiger was a pet. My friend and I purchased Ekanga when he was just 3 weeks old. We bottled fed him until he was about 4 months old. During this time we introduced other foods, mainly meats that I would grind up with veggies and vitamins I got from the vet. I spent a lot of play time with him, the picture on my webshots that looks like he is attacking me, is just playing. He liked to attack me and knock me down and then lick my face like a dog would. I had a lot of fun with him and have many fond memories with him. Sadly I had to let him go when the family farm was sold. We donated him to a Zoo where he is very happy there with the other Tigers. I've gone and seen him a few times since, but he has gotten too aggressive (like most wild animals do) to play like we use to.

Hi Liam,

like almost every morning I'm reading in the forum after breakfast (in Germany the new day has already started). The first thread was this one and I was shocked but also relieved by the many answers you received. I'm glad that those anonymous cowards have no change to destroy this nice and valuable forum!

BLIMEY!!! What is going on??? How did Shana get such big capital letters to show her surprise?

This forum is a place where discussion between quilters is encouraged. If it's NQR then people say so or you just don't need to read stuff that you might not find relevant.

Quilters are all sorts of PEOPLE from all the world! Surely, all contributions are welcome.

I think it is clear this week how important it is for everyone to share their opinions. Ferret's post about her experience at FOQ sparked a healthy debate which got a positive outcome.

I could go on at great length about freedom of speech, ideas etc but it's not just about that - Liam seems to have been given the brush off for some reason and that is not acceptable. Please keep contributing, Liam!

Liam I am so sorry you have had to be put through this. To me this person is not worth bothering about. The internet has made it easy for some people to be nasty. I bet this person would never dare say these things to your face.

I agree with everyone, that you are more than welcome on this forum. We are a diverse bunch of people from all over the world, with one thing in common ,we share a love of Quilting. In all the groups I have belonged too, I have never come across the caring friendship and help, that quilters are willing to give and share.

Liam, please, please, ............... keep coming back!!! You would be missed. I agree with everyone else on here, no one can speak for me but me. I love getting opinions and remarks from everyone. Whoever sent you that email is a coward. Believe me if any of the "ladies" on here were offended they would let you know without taking the cowards way out. You should see some of the political posts! We want people from every walk of life on here. Liam your quilting is beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing lots more.

Yay! Welcome back Liam! And welcome to all the Newbies! See, good things happen here, we are a great group!

I'm probably one of those that got a little rowdy on some of the political discussions, in defense of myself, I'm just a big mouth on steroids! Great ending to a bad start.

Now, I want to go play paintball in the dark with night vision goggles with Shannon, I dibs on the red balls!

Good for you Liam! That is turning lemons into lemonaid and look at that you have 3 pages of posts for the gals that really count. That one person just needs to get a life. Maybe they feel as though they have been slighted. If you (the person who decided to speak for all of us) would like to join in and play in the sandbox please do. We can all play in the same sandbox and have fun!

Sharon welcome and you are so going to love your new machine!

Archived