Wireless keyboard

Grammie

Have any of you went to a wireless keyboard and mouse for your CQ. This USB line is starting to TICK ME OFF. lol

I use a laptop for my personal computer so do you have one (wireless keyboard that is) and do you LIKE it.

Thinking about getting me one before I throw my KB out the Window. lol

Tammie, funny that you should ask this today. On Sunday I kept tripping over my cable to the keyboard as I moved down the length of the quilt I was working on and told my husband I wish there was a wireless keyboard. He said he didn't think there would be a problem as long as you got the right one. I think I'm going to seriously start looking into replacing the keyboard and get rid of that menacing cable - I have already dropped the keyboard several times because of it!

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ

I have too. It doesn't sit well on the Leaders as the photos I have seen might imply either. I probly would move the Computer cart if my space allowed but once my larger space is ready I will have a much better and user friendly set up.

I also want to get the Standing Computer stand so that the screen is EYE level when I'm standing which is alot of the time. I find myself bending over too much when using my CQ. Need a user friendly setup. I want to look at the Extended ARMs as well. I have seen them on the internet but I want to see them in person before I purchase one. I am also thinking of a Larger Computer Screen at some point. I heard that there might be a touch screen coming out for CQ but I don't know for sure. I read it somewhere. I think longarm chat CQ forum.

PS. I will be gettin more involved in the Digitizing Yahoo room real soon. I'm reading the posts and looks like it might be getting off to a good start. It will grow.

Hi Sue and Tammy,

I don't have the CQ, but I do have the wireless keyboard and mouse.

It works wonderful and I don't see why it wouldn't work with the CQ computer. We bought ours off of ebay. I think you both would really love going wireless its great not worrying about getting tangled up in the wires.

Ours is a Microsoft brand.

Good luck!

Char

Hi Tammie, I have a monitor arm which I love. It is attached to the side of my Millie and the monitor is at the perfect height for me (my computer sits on the floor). This arm can be pulled out to come along the front of the quilt (a little) and can also be pushed back up against the wall to get it out of the way. I believe I posted a picture of this in December (if you can't find it here, I know there is a picture on longarmchat.

I love this arm. In regard to a touch screen, I can't see how this is going to help anyone unless as Janet mentioned there is some kind of a track for it to "run" on so it stays with you along the length of the quilt. I already am running the length of my 14 foot table enough - I'll stick with the keyboard!

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ

Archived