Quilter's Dream

I use QD blend and I love it for heavier weight/type of quilt, it is denser than Hobbs 80/20. It quilts wonderfully and just depending upon what kind of look you want on the quilt.

QD puff I have used only partially for added definition to my trapunto appliques before quilting.

I also carry wool by Hobbs which I love quilts like butter and I also have their silk, pricy though.

I have used bamboo, its okay, almost same as the Warm and Natural as far as the thickness, weight and apperance when quilted.

Hobbs 80/20 for me is light and does not give much warmth, I usually use it for customers quilts when they are show quilts because it drapes well and give that beautiful quilting definition.

I own lots of quilts that I personally piece, and because I could, I test these battings on my quilts first and that gives me firsthand experience and show my customers the outcome.

Corey

I love the QD. I use it exclusively.

My customer's favorite has turned out to be the Deluxe. It's a bit thicker and really gives the quilting difinition.

I buy rolls of wool, deluxe, and select. I plan to add the 70/30 blend as well, because it's very white and I can use it for quilts with a lot of white in them.

I'm an hours ride away from the QD factory, but even if I weren't, I'd find a way to get it.

Archived