New Quiltazoid 1/4" Cross hatching Template - edited

I would add a Quilt-a-zoid, but not replace my Topper! Hmmm seems I need to contact Dennis about a 1/4"board. lol.

Almost ready to start machine quilting again. hand is recoveering very fast, elbow not far behind, but will be slower healing. I stitched the patterns I'm putting on this quilt, around all the applique parts so I can quilt the open area left handed.

I have a 14" border on this quilt, dont want feathers, any suggestions?

Rita

Heidi, I meant 14"outside border on the red rose applique..

Igue3ss I could use 1/4 " CH, and be ready for the quilt show in 2011... lol, smile.

Kristina, um no piano keys on this huge solid white border. maybe hald inch CH... What is th bead board, what does the pattern look like??

thanks. Rita

Kristen, that is the problem everything I have is too small, and drawings on plastic overlay throw up at ch, piano keys etc. even feathers don't look good even though I can stitch them pretty well. It needs something loose and almost floppy, with two tigh fillers. Guess I better go eye shopping. Rofl, it was easier to hand applique than find what I need for the big border needs, and thanks for splaining bead board. I actually do know what it is.

Ritar

with the surgery in the right hand & elbow just this last FRI., 3 DAYS AGO, I coulddn't possibly do hand applique and have it finished by very early oct. in time for the show. might have my eye on a pattern board.

aalso found a couple pleats sewn into the back. has anyone tried tuning a quilt bumm side up to better solve these messes while quilting the pattern? Even Binnoes steam didn't help enough. Rofl Bonnie, I'm so SORRY for bumbling your name like that!!

RitaR

Rita,

I've run into the problems on the back too so now when ever I'm working I roll and then on each side of the backer I give a couple of good pulls. The I unroll a little and roll again. I don't know why it seems to work for me but it does. I hate pleates! I haven't figured out how to get them out other than froggin it and starting it again. If I know it is a problem them I give some pins in the area to nail it down or use a can on the top to stretch it as I'm sewing. As for seeing under it I sure wish we could flip up the frame and have an easy look! I hate bending over sideways trying to see under it.

Heidi,

When you did your close channelled border, did you stop when you reached your template designs, or stitch around to the next 1/4 inch and proceed in the opposite direction? I'm still fairly new at quilting with my Millie. I tend to want the backs to look as good as the fronts of my quilts, but still am not proficient at stitch in the ditch or stitching exactly over previous stitching.

You do beautiful work. I've been reading the posts and loving the pictures everyone shows. One of these days I'll post something.

Debbie

Debbie,

Thank you for the compliments. I backtrack to the next section so when I did the 1/4" I did the line then backtracked in the ditch to the next line. Did all the horizontal lines then turned the template and did the vertical. I try to backtrack as little as possible but sometimes it is unavoidable. Sometimes you can add a design element to get to the next section, such as stippling or something like that. I couldn't do that with this one but sometimes I can. This is one of the prime reasons I use thin thread.

Archived