Well, It Ain't No Iowa State Fair... But... at the Alaska State Fair in Palmer...

..this is kinda cool news I found out today... that my quilt "Arctic Sky" (you remember the one that looks like a glacier with aurora) it was also at MQS ......anywhoo..... I know I'm not in Iowa or Kansas or Nebraska or Missouri or those other states that ooozes mega talented quilters with stiff competition ... but at our state fair in Palmer, Alaska, Arctic Sky won a First Premium Ribbon (whatever that means) and it also won the Division Champion ribbon. Kinda cool. :cool:

Also, my king sized gold quilt (Gold Feather Duster) got a 2nd place ribbon. Yay!

(photo below of Arctic Sky was taken in May 2009 at MQS in Kansas with the orange teacher ribbon from Steve Anderson. )

post--13461902506125_thumb.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on your winnings! Very pretty quilt! I bet you find out what "First Premium Ribbon" means very soon!

I have a friend that lives in Anchorage and always talks about the huge vegetables at the State Fair. I must tell her to check out your quilt for me!

Yay Shana!!!! This is a fantastic quilt and it is so great to win!! I have never seen another like it. The movement and colors are wonderful. I can't see the quilting too well but it looks great as well. I wish I could see a picture of your other winner, ;) hint hint. ... I am so happy for you!

Archived