Renae & DH in Oregon

It was sure nice to meet Renae & her DH Rick today. We did a 1 shop hop as it was after closing time for our other LQS's, then out to dinner. Here is a pic of the travelers. It was such a nice evening, we had dinner outside.

2058150260094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

And here she and I were intently listening to our waitress' description of dessert! Do my eyes look bigger to you???

2528578150094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

We are also now starting a new chapter of the women who dress in purple. You too can become a member if you post a pic in a purple shirt!:cool:

We really did have a very fun filled time with Renae and Rick. My sides are still sore from all the laughing that we did. :P:P:P

Love your purple shirts. Beth and I will be meeting Renae later today, I will try to find a nice purple shirt to wear, maybe I could borrow one of my DH. I can hardly wait for the afternoon. My goodness Patty Jo what was on the desert menu you look amazed:P

I'm glad you all seem to have a purple shirt or 2 and I don't know if Renae has anymore purple shirts in her suitcase or not! For Dessert: Renae & Rick split a piece of keylime pie and I and my friend shared a Marion Berry Cobbler (and that isn't named for the mayor of Wash DC ). It's like a black berry hybrid that was devoloped here in Oregon, in Marion county! Just a little history for you berry buff's. We really had a ball laughing and getting to know one another. They were going to do a bit of shopping on their way up I-5 to meet with Bakah & Beth. I sure wish that my schedule was such that I could have gone up and had a play day today, but I've got a quiilt that I have to get done today. Also a birthday present that I need finished by Friday and I'm not quite finished piecing it. One of these days my schedule is going to slow down so that playdays are scheduled into it! Have fun up there in Portland. :D

We will miss you Patty Jo. I am playing hooky for a little bit this afternoon. The slowest quilter in the entire world shouldn't be but I think some B&R laughter and company is just what I need. Now if someone will just put a chain on my purse so my credit card can't come out:P

Well we got to meet the lovely Renae and her wonderful DH Rick. spent some time with them but Beth and I abandoned poor Renae at Fabric Depot. Hope they didn't get lost trying to find the way out. She was busy putting stuff in her cart when I last saw her. They are truly delightful and wonderfully talented people. Of course, in the wee hours of the morning I thought of all kinds of things I wanted to ask them.

Patty Jo I can certainly understand why you have sore sides. She is a delight and I can just see the two of you raising all kinds of laughter at your table at the restaurant, two peas in a pod:D

Lynda, I believe their plans were they were going to head back to California straight down the freeway but I could be wrong or they could have changed their minds about the trip back to Calif. They came up the coast highway but don't think they made it all the way to Seaside. They have to be back to Sacramento by Saturday morning to catch a plane.

Yes, Bekah and I were bad, we took Renee and Rick not only to EE Schenk, the local wholesaler, but also to Fabric Depot. (just in case, that is www.fabricdepot.com, and yes, they do ship.)

We got one of the friendly staff there to take our picture, and here we are. As a side note, I forget that I'm taller than average until I see a picture of others with me. Guess which one I am?

post--1346190250998_thumb.jpg

Beth & Becka - love your purple shirts, but Renae must not have had another purple shirt in her suitcase. It looks like you girls had a great time. :D:D:D

I'm almost done with the quilt that I had to stay home to do, but am AGAIN having tension issues and having to rip out from the last bobbin change. Just once, I would love to have a quilt with no "issues" from start to finish. Maybe only in my dreams. :(

Originally posted by BethDurand

Yes, Bekah and I were bad, we took Renee and Rick not only to EE Schenk, the local wholesaler, but also to Fabric Depot. (just in case, that is www.fabricdepot.com, and yes, they do ship.)

We got one of the friendly staff there to take our picture, and here we are. As a side note, I forget that I'm taller than average until I see a picture of others with me. Guess which one I am?

Beth you should be ashamed of yourself.....leaving someone in a place like that...they could get hurt in there.

OH, Linda when I come see you next month...I want to get lost here, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE I don't have this kind of eye candy in my parts and I so miss Reno for that reason. So a fabric fix will be a good side track for me. Might not buy, but oh so the feely feely....

Patty Jo, I had the pleasure of meeting Renae at "gadget day" in Nebraska. She is a delight! All the midwest quilters that were there were so fun and yes we laughed til our sides hurt:D:D:D I have a daughter who lives in Seattle. I may just have to visit her and take a side trip to Fabric Depot, or should I call it, Fabric Heaven??? Sure looks like it:D Glad ya'll had a good time.

I'm sure I could find a purple shirt to:D

I'm sorry I missed this opportunity. This is Saturday so I'm sure they're on that plane. Patty Jo, love your new picture! You know, we could be changing our avatars like we change shoes, depending on the occasion.

I'm glad you all got to meet Renae and DH and had a blast at the Depot AND eesco.

Virginia - Yes, the drive down from Seattle to Portland to go to Fabric Depot is worth it. They had just about anything and everything that a person could want from a fabric store. I have ordered online from them several times just because I couldn't drive up there and back for any less than there very reasonable shipping costs. They are very quick too. I ordered some Sateen on a monday afternoon and it was here by USPS on Wednesday. And when I've had questions, they are very helpful over the phone too. If you decide to do this, let me know, I'll put on my purple shirt and I could drive up and meet you! We would keep them busy I'm sure. ;)

Hey girls, I'm home!!! Yes, we had a lot of fun and laughs. Yes, my sides did hurt from laughing for a few days and I still laugh when I think of certain things we said........Patty Jo remember the poor clerk in your LQS??? I wonder if she has recovered yet????? :P:P:P We sure had a great time! Thanks for everything!

Beth and Bekaha, you two were very naughty leaving me in the FD all alone :(;). ;) I put some more fabric in my cart and off we went back to the motel. When we got up the next morning Rick was getting sick so off we went to look for a Walgreens to find drugs. But it was great to meet you Bekaha and seeing you is always great Beth. Just wish we could have gone to dinner or something, just spent more time together. Maybe next time, ok?? But we have the memories and pictures! :)

Archived