classes in Ohio

Are they any quilting classes that are going to be give the Ohio soon,,,I live not too far from the Cincinnati area,,,I have never took a class,,, I have a Ulitmate II quilting machine and what I have learned I did it on my own.. I have quilted over the last 12 years...I sure have had fun learning what I have,,, but would love to learn how to do some freehand quilting,,, I have learned to do some on my own,,, but thought I could learn something new,,,

My machine has no bells or whistles,,, It just it and me,,,and I love it,,, :P:P

Hi Lee and Shawn,

I am teaching at two retreats in the coming future in your areas. There is one in July17- 21 at Stroh House retreat in the Northeast region of Indiana and the other is at Camp Mowana in Mansfield Ohio Oct 16-19. Both of these are three days of classes. Jamie Wallen is teaching with me at Stroh House and at Camp Mowan we are having a total of 5 teachers. Jamie Wallen, Jessica Jones, Sue Patten, Jodi Robinson and myself DeLoa Jones. I will have all APQS machines for the hands on and demo classes. Teachers will be available after classes for questions and extra help and the machines will be open 24 hr. We have show and tell and just a lot of fun along with a lot of learning at both of these retreats. There is limited space so I would suggest to sign up early so you get in the classes that you want.If you want more information just e-mail me or I will post more.

Received this info in a newsletter. Classes at http://www.atouchofthread.net in Zanesville, Oh

Pam Clarke www.homestitches.com

May 25 - Designs with Lines - $175.00

May 26 - Background Frenzy Sampler & Quilt Comparison - $175.00

May 27 - Quilting Designs & Designs from Simple Shapes and Blocks - $175.00

Anita Shakelford www.thimbleworks.com

July 8 - Quality Machine Quilting - $45.00

September 2 - Applique with the Statler System - $65.00

September 30- Infinite Feathers - $65.00

Anne Bright www.annebright.com

June 1 - Basic Drawing Principles & Elements of Art and Blind Embossing - $200.00

June 2 - Making the Most of your Anne Bright Designs - $200.00

June 3 - Wholecloths with the Statler - $200.00

If you take two classes, you will pay $350.00

If you take three classes, you will pay $400.00

Karen McTavish www.designerquilts.com

September 7 - Custom Heirloom Quilting - $225.00

September 8 - Custom Heirloom Quilting - $225.00

September 9 - Custom Heirloom Quilting - $225.00

Sherry Rogers www.sewfarsewgood.org

October 12- Freehand 101- $210.00

October 13- Advanced Freehand- $210.00

October 14- Beginning Custom Heirloom- $210.00

NAYY

These classes are way to far for me too travel too as where I live,,, If they are any that would come to Cincinnati area and I can be able to be off work or schedule one of my vacation weeks at the time ,,, cause I sure am not good at traveling with directions,,, but it sure would be fun to get to learn something new,, I stay real busy quilting here in my area... cause they aren't alot of people with quilting machine,, but I read the site and see alot of classes in other states,,, but none close too where I live,,,

Lee

in Ohio:P:P

Lee,

You can always think of hosting an instructor. That's what I am doing to get classes to my area. You can have it at your studio or rent a hotel conference room. You need to contact the different instructors, most are willing to travel and class fees will usually cover the expenses. It would depend on the instructor, I suppose, but it can't hurt to make some inquiries.

Patty

Hi Copper,

I would say that before you buy the HQ16 give it a good try. For example, I know one owner who said her machine would not move from right to left without thread breakage. I would also try every thread that you want to work with on it. Then I would say to consider your work area and if you are going to be happy with it. I have sold APQS machines to previous HQ owners and I know there were a few things that they didn't consider when they made the purchase. I know that I am biased here so I would just say spend some time with one before the purchase which I would recommend that you do with any machine that you are considering.

DeLoa Jones

APQS representative

Michigan

Millenium,SR Freedom, Liberty, Discovery

Cooper

If I was buying a quilter for the first time,,, I sure would consider a APQS machine,,,, These machines are work horses,,, I bought a used Ulitmate II after I purchased my EZQ machine from APQS... These machines are just about trouble free,,,, I purchased the Ulitmate II because the EZQ throat wasn't large enough space...I have quilted over a 1000 quilts on these machine and not one time had I had any problems...course my machines don't have no whistle or bells on them... it just them and me... and I am a very very satisfied,,, one thing I would love to take a class someday if I can just find the time ,,,:P

Archived