NQR - I'm Sitting On Top of the World

Well almost. :P:P:P I'm up in Nova Scotia on a vaca with my aunt and uncle. We went to the northern most point of Nova Scotia today on Cape Brenton then hiked a trail up to the highest point. This picture was taken sitting on a ledge overlooking a very high sea cliff. The views were absolutely spectacular and the picture really doesn't do it justice. Absolutely stunning....

post--134619025136_thumb.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Debbi, that's incredible! :cool: I've never been to Nova Scotia but can only wish... Ahhhh!! :) Glad you are having fun and enjoying some new scenery.

Ironically, this past weekend I am also sitting on top of the world, really almost! We took a long weekend -- 5 days.... my DH and I drove down to Valdez, Alaska. It is absolutely spectacular weather and all the mountains are out in all of their glory. On Friday we were on a boat in Prince William Sound the entire day, the silver salmon are running like crazy; and we've been hiking on the mountains, along rocky cliffs, waterfalls and touching a glacier. I've got sunburn, my leg muscles are sore and feet are killing me but it has been fantastic. We have to drive 360 miles home tomorrow (Monday) but the weather is grand and the scenes are breathtaking. All of the fall colors are out in green leaves, and the bright reds, golds and yellows.

We've been doing some geocaching and it has been a blast finding the hidden treasures using our GPS. One geocache we were searching for yesterday was along a trail that had many deposits of bear skat, i'd never seen so much bear poop along a trail before...so we were making lots of sounds in hopes to scare any bear away! :P Oh and we found the geocache and did not see any bear, which is perfectly OK with me! :P Life is good. :cool:

Glad you are having fun on your vacation, too, Debbi. :)

Ok, I lied. One more. This is at the bottom of the mountain we climbed, but we are still on top of a sea cliff. I thought this pic was cool cuz you can actually see the curvature of the earth. Very cool!!

Notice the picnic table? This is actually a camping site. I'm taking this pic to work and telling them this is where I want our next team outing!!

post--13461902515098_thumb.jpg

Debbie - thanks for posting the pictures. I never knew Novia Scotia was so beautiful! Lucky girl. I am glad you are having a good time.

Shana - it sounds like you are having a wonderful time too. I bet it is absolutely beautiful where you are too. I would love to see the fall colors, waterfalls, and the salmon running. Cool.

WOW! So that's what a real vacation looks like! How kool is that?

When I was a little girl, we would go to the French River in Canada and camp at my uncle's cabin for 3 weeks each year... The cabin was up stream 3 miles, the only way to get there was by boat. It was so great! Very huge rocks, like the whole terrain was rock. But there were plenty of blueberries!

Shana we want pics too! Debbi - yours are just fabulous... Looks like all the cares of the world would just wash away in a place like that...

Beautiful pictures, Debbie! I've never been to Nova Scotia, but now I want to go.

Next Saturday I will be in the air on my way to Scotland for 2 weeks.

Shana, Yes, that is a beautiful part of Alaska. Were you out on Reserection Bay? I was out there twice, once with a naturalist, and once to fish for halibut - my favorite fish.

Hi Debbi, Thanks for sharingl. Your photos are amazing. What a beautiful view. I agree, the one that shows the curvature of the Earth is spectacular. Have fun. I do want to see some pics from Alaska Shana. I'm hoping to take a quilting cruise there next year. I've always wanted to see Alaska. Debbi, have a safe trip home.

Debbi and Shana: I am so envious!!! I'm in the last of 12 years of supporting 4 children through college:( I finished with two weddings, helping with cars and insurance ,etc. Not that the kids didn't do a great job of raising quite a lot of money on their own. I bought the Milli as the first thing I had ever bought for my self in 20 years....BUT I do miss being able to go somewhere "nice" for a vacation. Here in Georgia there are a few things to do, however , most of the state is blanketed in very uniform pine trees. When you drive in any direction all you see is the pine tree tunnel effect...

I want to someday have the opportunity to stand and have the vista you both have had so recently...I think you have had a wonderful chance to re-charge and be inspired, when life gets boring and repetitive it would be great to relive these experiences:D:D

Archived