award ceremony tonight...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a lurker for a couple of years or more...I only quilt for myself on a used Ultimate I but, I've watched doodlebug's stuff since she won a ribbon at the 2007 show. I noticed when she started posting on apqs forums. She is an amazing quilter! Don't let her be sooo modest. It may not be national, but it is a very, very talented guild (not counting me :) - I've just got an addiction...The show is pretty incredible this year.

Big Kudos Doodlebug - you are definitely going places!

So, Shannon did need special shoes today - in addition to still floating on cloud 9, she had a blister from the shoes she wore last night. Even so, she was still pretty giddy this morning.

The East Cobb Quilt Guild show is a largish show drawing quilts and vendors from at least Georgia and maybe a larger area. Shannon had 16 (count them, 16) quilts in the show - some her own and some her quilting on customer quilts. It is a really talented area, but Shannon's quilting stands out from the rest.

This was the first time I've attended the show since I bought my machine. Once you've started LAing, you just look at everything differently. I spent a LOT of time looking at backs of quilts as well as fronts. I learned quickly who understands tension and who doesn't. As lovely as Shannon's quilts are from the front, they look as good or better from the back. I can't say that for all of our local longarm folks. I think Shannon needs to add something on that to her presentation to the local guild - consumers of our work need to learn to look at both sides of the quilt.

Shannon - congratulations!!!!!!!!! I hope you get some sleep tonight. Keep giving out those business cards.

Lynn

Archived