Trying to get an avatar on, with himself and I

RitaR

Kristina, put your pict back, please, I miss your smile.

So Tired after helping set up, attending, working and tomorrow the take down at the fair.

I can imagine you are too with small ones still at home.. I know, lol Give them Time, Please!

Have a good night Sweetenings, and you have a good sleep from it, too. 12:30 a.m. midnight here already, so you must be on west coast. , no, Ely, NV have been thru there all times of the year all weather.. lol

boy the weather.

Thank you so much for ALL your help and I'll be talking to you sometime tomorrow.

Hugs and God Bless

Rita & Himself

Hi Rita,

It took me a while to get everything on as well...............and if I can do it, you should have no problems either.

Below I copied the instructions I followed.

ADDING A SIGNATURE

You can insert code/text for your signature by going to Control Panel/Options (right under your login spot) and editing your Profile. There's a spot to insert the proper code/text. But in order to get the code/text, you need to go to a separate website to create it. Check out this thread - should help you out:

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=7418#pid61544

Here'a another chat from about the same time:

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=7302#pid60026

You asked how to post your picture (avatar) on APQS.

Here is how I did it.

Make sure that you are logged in to both webshots and APQS

Take a picture of yourself and resize it using any graphic software to be 100 x 100 pixels maximum. This is important as otherwise the file is too large. The name of the photo can not have any punctuation marks, such as apostrophes etc. As Kristina mentioned, on webshots you can select the size of the photo to make it 100 X 100. Pick this URL to load onto the APQS site.

Once ypu have the URL address of the picture (i.e.http:.//www.webshots.com/community/fred/myphoto.jpg)

be sure to write it down or right click to copy or highlight all of the URL and press CTRL key and letter C at the same time.

Click "Edit Profile" (2nd button from left).

Your profile opens, scrolll down past Edit Profile - Optional, until you see Avatar URL.

Enter the URL address in the space for Avatar URL. This should upload your Avatar immediately.

Good luck!

Hi Rita.

Hi. I tried and tried too. Here is what I came up with, hope it helps - it didn't seem to mind the size, I think this way, it automatically put my picture the right size but I'm not sure - try it out...

Upload your picture to Webshots (it is free btw), then when you select it there are a bunch of icons underneath it. Pick the one that says 'copy code to post this in a forum'. It gives you a URL (that starts with 'thumbxx') to copy and paste into the 'avatar' box in your profle. Previously I had selected to 'view' my photo, and then I cut and pasted the url at the top. It gave me a problem anytime I didn't have Webshots up and running in a browser. Also, any other way gave me the problem with the size...

Rita, you didn't by chance delete your picture from Webshpts after you uploaded your avatar did you? B/c I can't see either of you.

I put my picture back...so please get your set too.

I am still trying to figure out what that animal is in your woodpile. Try to get a little closer shot of him...and I am sure we can figure it out. A friend suggests that it may be an owl? Looks like one. Does it fly. Report back later with more findings. :P

Ok, did not remove it from webshots. Should be top left album, Family/family.

I opened edit me. lol.. went to webshots in another page, selected the pict.. selected 100 pixel, selected the URL to direct link to image.. then copied the URL, and brought it over to apqs where I had the second page of edit profile open and the empty box for avatar is, and pasted it there. I did it last night.. It showed up, went thru and changed all the posts to my avatar, I saved, closed down and woke up with no avatar.. just red X s. What does the red X mean?

Also, we edit profile at the top of the page, and it's there again center page at the end. Do we select that? Can't remember what I used last night.

Rita

Archived