I JUST HEARD FROM SHANNON UPDATE 12:45pm 9/22

They still have electricity, but they have totally lost all telephone and internet connections, and it not expected to be back up before the 28th, but that was before the storm hit..they were having problems already it just wasn't totally out like it is now.

You thought it was bad that she was without her computer for a couple of weeks, now she is without both and that is going to kill her for sure, but she borrowed a cell phone and called to let us know that the water has receded back behind the fence and that they didn't actually get any into the house. Everything it either up high or she has moved it to another floor so will be ready should something else happen.

As she said we still have tomorrow and maybe the next day and if the rain comes back as it was today, its hard to say what's going to happen. She will try to get ahold of a cell tomorrow and report in, but till then at least know she and Davis are okay...all the pups are fine and she has a new addition to the family. She rescued a baby bunny that was pretty beat up and battered...the poor little dudette was on top of a fence post and the ants were all over it...she has cleaned it up and now hopes it will make it through the night.

To All: Had no idea how loud it's been for the last few days, the rain and thunder have finally stopped. Silence except for the really big tree frogs..

The local stations are trying to keep up with the news, are unable to report very much useful info....We've had drought so long, lots has been built without too much thought to real drainage issues. When we first moved to this area they had a few years like this with leftover hurricanes etc. but it's been 9-11 years since anything really bad, at least in my area. Next we worry that even a little wind will bring a lot of really big trees down, no roots from the years of drought....

Now our best friend will be the super duper 30year old sears dehumidifyer:P

:P When everything is still feeling damp, I turn it on and it's roar and trickle of water out the drain make me feel MUCH BETTER!! better days ahead, Shannon, and all caught by this rain, keep quilting, Pat

Wow, I was waorried all day at work. Glad things are goood so far! Heading for bed and praying for some relief from the rain. I know it's needed, BUT....

Hard to believe it's been a year since Ike hit us here. I still see houses with blue tarp roofs. M,any are still having a really hard time.

Stay safe Shannon!

Bonnie,

Thank you for the update!

I echo Pat's joy at hearing nothing outside besides crickets and tree frogs. The rain here has held off for a few more hours than we had hoped. I really what I went through yesterday was insignificant compared to what folks who have been truly flooded out experience. My heart goes out to folks who have lost everything.

Lynn

Bonnie, thanks for the update. After seeing the pictures on the news from Atlanta, I really got worried about Shannon. Pat are you in Georgia also? I have all of you in my prayers.

I worry about where I live, we never had a water problem until last year. I believe the cities growth has outgrown it's storm drain system.

Archived