Yikes...OIL!!!

I pulled a top off my machine without first wiping down the rails...bet I NEVER do that again. Now it has this lovely oil streak on the light yellow backing. Any ideas how I can get rid of it or should I just offer to bind the quilt and then throw it in the wash??

I used some undiluted Sew Clean on the outside edge and the oil came out, but the SC left a watermark.:(

Hi Dory--if it is oil, use baking soda to blot it up. But if the spot is oxidation from the rails, the Sew Clean with do wonders--but it does need to be washed out at the end. Others swear by Grandma's Spot (or Stain) Remover. It also works well on the black streaks from oxidation. Good luck.

Yes, but Shana, you're so sweet, you love everyone.:) Me...I'm mean and rotten, so loving someone is a really big deal:P:D

Actually, I learned from you to wipe the rails down before every quilt gets loaded, to warm up Mel for awhile (usually while wiping down) and then oil and then use a separate piece of batting covered with muslin to stitch on to make sure the oil is gone. However...now I know to wipe the rails again before removing as well. I don't think I'll ever forget this lesson!

Archived