Baptist fan...finished with pics...really!

CJQ

I'm getting ready to do my first quilt using the large baptist fan boards. I have practiced but am still not sure the easiest way to advance. I read the sheet that came with the boards and I'm not sure how to use the drilled hole to line up.

Any suggestions?

Jane...I am guessing that the CL boards are very similar to those by RnS. The hole lines up with a section of the BF on the board. Make sense?

You would lower your stylus into the hole...and advance your quilt so that the needle lines up with that section of the pattern on the board. Then...move the stylus to the starting position and start moving the machine through the pattern to make sure that it works...then go back and start stitching. Hope this helps. :)

Jane, this is what I do with the CL Baptist Fan template. I load my quilt and I like for the hump on the fan to be positioned on top. I place my templates on the table with the hump toward me. Put the stylus in the very most highest point to make sure the hump will be completely on the quilt. When I have it where I want it, I start quliting. When you have quilted both rows, I believe you can put the stylus in the hole and advance your quilt and all should be well with the world. I'm not home right now, so I can't look at it, but I hope this helps.

I have the BF boards from Circle Lord! I advance until I am lined up with the little hole (actually an indentation) on the bottom of the board. That is where your first pass should be. Just like Kristina said with the RnS boards. I've done 3 quilts using this board and they came out perfect every time!

Ok Ladies,

You are confusing me. :o Thank you for your help.:)

First, when you put the BF board on, with the hole to the bottom, and the fan, in the "looking at direction" (hump up), you will be quilting your quilt from the bottom up - when working from the back. This is the way the registration hole works. After doing the 2 rows, place the stylus in the hole and advance the quilt until the needle is over the last row stitched.

If you want to quilt with the template up-side-down, then you will have to advance by eye.

I hope this helps

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks for the replies. I guess that I am doing things in reverse. I am quilting from the top of the quilt. Standing from the back of my machine the humps are closest to me with the holes farthest from me. So I will do as Michael said. I have quilted my first two rows and they look great! I will post a pic when I am finished.

Thanks again!

Abigail, sorry to make you wait.

Well a good night's sleep still didn't help! I have put the pictures in my webshots folder. Just click below and you'll see them in the folder marked swirls and baptist fan.

I also have a picture of a snowball quilt made from homespuns any ideas would be appreciated for this one.

Thanks for looking.

Archived