Fabric Storage

LadyLake

ooooh, I'm lovin' this! My husband thinks I have a healthy stash...can't wait for him to see where I really rank. I feel like I've just gotten a ticket to get out and support those local quilt shops.

These are some beautiful organization and storage examples. I'm inspired.

Anita

• 10 months later...

I followed Darlene's Ikea wire basket theme I was amazed at how inexpensive it was at Ikea. I had looked at the storage places and thought it was out of my range but I have seven stacks of ten (made up of 1 4 drawer and 1 6 drawer) and 4 four drawer units + 2 six drawer units. I have two 4s on casters but they sren't very mobile full on carpet but I think theyALL were around 600 bucks at IKEA and less than half the drawers was in the thousands at the other place and these are very sturdy. I can see your point, Dory, about dust, though, I don't have that much outside dust but I do see that batting lint is an issue on the open drawers. I have very trained eye in that I'm able to put anything that looks like something I should clean out of my view;););) after all it has only been out of the closet since 2002!!!

dale

Moon Quilting

Ms millie2

• 2 years later...

I was at the fabric shop  Sat. when I started looking at how she stands up her bolts on what looked to me as 1/2 bolt boards.  So I asked her where she gets them?  All she does is cut down the full board and duct tape the bottoms shut so it looks just like the top.  I checked with my local Discount store that sells fabric and I can take what ever empty boards I want for free.  I think I am going to try this out and store in my closet so I can just pull off vs digging from the bottom of a stack.  Any thoughts if you had tried this what do you think?

Connie

Archived