Do you have Bags printed up for your customers?

About a year ago, I took the plunge and ordered bags from Virginia LongArm. They are splendid! I ordered 50 of the garment-bag style and 50 of the tote-bag style, thus covering my customer-size-base. And, I ordered them in HOT PINK! Customers rarely misplace them (due to their outrageous color!) and often bring their new projects back in them. The tote-bag style is especially nice in that it zips on three sides, thus allowing clutzy folks like me to get the quilts in comfortably. I went one step further, primarily for my own convenience, and took a monumental trip to the Container Store and picked up a dozen "comforter hangers", heavy-duty jobs with an open end. I have actually had customers ask to buy extras of these for their bulging quilt-storage dilemmas! No, their are not cheap! Around 3.99 @ if I remember correctly. But S M O O T H, you bet! Just another little step in struggling to look professional!

Shere Machado, Salinas, CA

If you have any questions, call Valarie. She will send you swatches for colors and information about the bags. Two things she told me were:

1. We must train our customers to re-use the bags. In her experience she has used the bags up to 30 times before they were worn out. If you divide the $3.50 by 30, you get an idea of how inexpensive they can be.

2. She ships in lots of 25. If you want to order the larger quantity to get the lower price per bag, order together and each get a different color. Check UPS for shipping charge from her house to yours.

http://www.virginialongarm.com/packaging/

I use the queen-size "frosty" bags from Uline. They run about $100 for a carton of 250, so about 50cents apiece with shipping. For me, this is probably a lifetime supply, but I don't have to worry about re-ordering. I have been attaching my business card to the front with clear packing tape, but I like the idea of the printed label so will probably start doing that. They come in good colors. I don't too much like that they're plastic, but they do seem to hold up well, & I have seen many customers re-use them. For smaller items, I use the same ones as Shana.

I use frosted shopping bags from Uline. I print my own labels to slap on the side. I fold the quilts with the pretty side out, so they show through the bag. When I carry them into a guild meeting, they really get alot of attention. My clients love them and use them over and over. I order 2 sizes, one for smaller quilts and one for larger quilts. They cost under $1 each, and I think are well worth it for the advertising.

I use clear large bags from Uline, just finishing up my box.... thanks for the reminder - I need to order more! I also get a small Purple bag with handles for the little projects, wall-hanging and baby quilts and such. Can't remember off hand the name of that place, but it is up in the cities by a wholesale fabric / batting place I go to now and then. That way I could pick them up - and NO shipping $$$!! Those boxes of bags are SO heavy!!!

I should get around to designing & printing out labels to put on them...... I just have more fun quilting! Maybe I could just scan in my business card...... not one for playing on the computer to much.....

I used to buy nice bags for the return of quilts but I found I never got the bags back with the next quilt. I had a customer tell me she was saving those bags and liked getting a new one everytime. Since we do about 700 quilts a year, it gets kind of pricey for the bags we had. I did put a printed stick on label with our name and logo on the bags but the ladies tore it off. Now I use the white garbage bags. They're waterproof and keep the quilt clean. I don't worry about throwing them out with the trash as the bags have the customer name on the outside and they never leave the sewing rooms.

Originally posted by lyonden

I used to buy nice bags for the return of quilts but I found I never got the bags back with the next quilt. I had a customer tell me she was saving those bags and liked getting a new one everytime. Since we do about 700 quilts a year, it gets kind of pricey for the bags we had. I did put a printed stick on label with our name and logo on the bags but the ladies tore it off. Now I use the white garbage bags. They're waterproof and keep the quilt clean. I don't worry about throwing them out with the trash as the bags have the customer name on the outside and they never leave the sewing room.

What if you give them the 1st one to bring back 30 times? If they don't bring it back, add $3.50 for the new bag. There use to be a pie shop in Ft Worth that charged a $3.00 deposit for their pie pans (back in the 70s). If you brought them back, you could get another pie pan (full of pie). If you wanted to keep the pie pan, you could. Customer choice!

Ladies,

What size of bags do you order from Uline??? Just curious... and can one of you pass a long the link to the bag(s) you ordered from Unline? I have order other items from them and they have so much to choose from!!!

I did give out some of the nicer bags and I only saw one return once, so I want to switch to paper and already have stamps ready with my info and logo ready to be slapped on the bag!!

Thanks;)

I just got my Cleaner Supply cat in the mail yesterday...and the comfortor bags ARE on sale... the X-Small bag 15" x 18" x 3" which would hold a lap/twin/or several cribs 12 bags for $.8.64 or .72 cents each..and if you get 6+ packages they drop to $7.56 and 12+ is $7.08

Medium sized ones are 20" x 20" x 8" $11.52 or 96 cents each and then 6+ $9.96 and 12+ $9.24

Large 24" x 27" x 8" $13.92 or $1.16 and 6+ $11.76 and 12+ $11.16

they have an X-Large and a small size that I didn't price out...

They also have clear suit bags 42" x24"x3" on sale pack of 12 for $14.85 and a Dress bag and a Gown bag...also...

both of these items are the clear plastic with breathable sides of backs....nice nice....

each you could sew a pocket on for your invoice and sticking a label on wouldn't be a big deal either.

Archived