Tracey

feather feathers everywhere!!

My Mom pieced this quilt and I just finished it yesterday. Have a look. Still trying to get the angle of the feathers on the inside of the circle. Is there a trick??

post--13461902725625_thumb.jpg

Tracey Russell, Whirls n Swirls Quilting-APQS Ontario Oshawa, Ontario.

Dealer Support and Educator APQS Canada

905-435-8720

https://www.facebook.com/whirlsnswirls/

http://www.whirlsnswirlsquilting.ca

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU5KPwWA2TaeO9xulOa5PKg

Very pretty! Your mom will love this quilting.

Kimmy Brunner, The Feather Queen Herself, says she has trouble getting the inside feathers angled right, too. What she does is pounce or mark the lines in the inside circle so she can get her angle right. See? You're not alone... :)

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Tracey you can come and do my feathers any time. Very pretty quilt and wonderful job on the quilting

068AE7983835931B5513447E68ECA1B3.png

Bekah

Shepherd's Garden Quilting

APQS Sales Representative

APQS Millenium

www.shepherdsgardenquilting.com

Tracey,

Your mother is going to go "awe" when she sees her quilt. What a beautiful job you did. Your feathers are percect!

I just pulled a practice piece off of my machine working on feathers. I'm new to long arm but am getting better with lots of practice.

Missy in Florida

Missy

I think your feathers are fabulous. This forum has really helped me see how each of us has our own "signature" way of doing things, and they're all unique and beautiful. So I think you should just claim these feathers as your own. (That's not so say you can't decide you want to change them over time.) But right now as they are they're beautiful and they're YOURS.

Julie