Tracey

feather feathers everywhere!!

I LOVE your feathers!! I'm putting this in my favorites!! As Jamie Wallen kept saying at Camp Mowana....."It looks good on you!" Terrific job! linda

B3FC2919DC089FF0E59CD167809B91DF.png

Linda Gibbons

Cabin Creek Quilting

APQS Freddie (aka, Gracie ll)

Hand guided

Sherry Rogers-Harrison has done some amazing feather work...

along with Karen McTavish...

maybe one of them is on-line and can comment on keepning the inside feathers angled correctly.....

any body out there?

Thanks,

Lisa

APQS Liberty

NW NJ

93D3401EDCAC006390BBEF1ABE1F4C5D.png

APQS Liberty

Circle Lord

North West New Jersey

Gorgeous quilt! I love the feathers. I can't really tell you a definitive secret for keeping the inside feathers angled correctly other than to make sure you follow the curve all the way down. I have also found that it helps to draw a center circle and go around it with the tips of the feathers. I think Sharon Schamber might have a free video of her stitching feathers. You just have to find what works for you.

Heidi...I did that. (the circle thing) But I ended up in a spiral king of thing. It's ok. I'll get better the more I do them. I have ALL of Karen McTavishes stuff. As well as Kim Brunners, Jamie Wallens, Myrna Ficken, Sharon Schamber, Linda Taylor............Basically, if they made it--I got it!! No wonder I'm broke LOL Has anyone gotten Jamie Wallen's new dvd's? I have them both, Threadfusion and Messenger bag. The threadfusion is 4 discs plus a cd with pdf. It is Awesome!!! I highly recommend it if you don't have it yet.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Tracey

Tracey Russell, Whirls n Swirls Quilting-APQS Ontario Oshawa, Ontario.

Dealer Support and Educator APQS Canada

905-435-8720

https://www.facebook.com/whirlsnswirls/

http://www.whirlsnswirlsquilting.ca

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU5KPwWA2TaeO9xulOa5PKg

So cool! I like how--from a distance--the feathers make the lavender look like it is twisting around in your first photo. Really makes the quilt come alive. Nice work!:)

Karen

Heirloom Quilting Minnesota

Achin' Back Acres

kageb1@gvtel.com

You are doing great. Suzanne Early recommends marking the first few feathers and then maintaining the angle from there - really helps. I needed a bit more help, so I mark the beginning angle of all my feathers - don't mark the whole feather - just a line to remind me of my angle.