Lots of XH and Feathers

I have had this on machine for so long, I can't remember when I first started it. I think it's been 6 or 7 weeks. I work full-time and it required so much quilting that I couldn't do it quickly.

Anyway, it's almost done. I took it off to turn it so I can finish the beadboard quilting on the sides.

QD wool batt, So Fine and Bottom Line threads.

Let's see if I can attach pictures.

post--13461902729941_thumb.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tina,

Job well done! I want to applaud you for taking the time that that quilt deserved! ;););) You did it justice and I think the time you spent on it is so worth it! Is it your own quilt or a customers quilt? Either way the owner is lucky to have it! I'm working on a wall hanging for a customer and so not going to make anything on this one but the gal has lost her husband this year and if it puts a smile on her face then it will be worth it! Her wall hanging just demanded that I do custom heirloom on it and that is what I'm doing! Great job!!!!!

Thanks for the lovely comments. I definitely didn't make any money on this quilt. It is for a customer who saw my work on a previous one and had to have me do hers. That is a huge compliment. We decided on the XH instead of the McTavishing I did on the last. The XH is beautiful but I did not go through the embroidery which meant thousands of stops and starts. I jumped the applique and spent hours trimming threads on the front and back.

I think the end result is spectacular but I certainly don't want to do another one for quite some time.

This was a BOM/embroidery club with Husquvarna sewing machines. There is a ton of money invested in these quilt tops so they definitely deserve a custom treatment. My fee is going up for sure if I do any more.

Here's a pic of the one I did last year. It won a Top 10 award at our quilt show.

post--13461902732829_thumb.jpg

Very pretty that way too!! I know what you mean about the starts and stops! I finished one recently that in the cross hatching alone there was over 1500 start, stops and knotting and burying! And it was only 9 blocks! It also had hand embroidery and I did not go thru it . But, it was worth it! Her quilt got 1st place in that size catogory at our quilt show this weekend!

Archived