Lots of XH and Feathers

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tina

What a spectacular quilt and amazingly gorgeous quilting to go with it. I think I prefer the crosshatching on this quilt to the Mc Tavishishing on the previous one. Probably just more traditional. the quilts are both beautiful but the quilting is surely what puts them over the top!! Congratulations on a beautiful job!

What can I say that hasn't already been said. I'm shaking my head at the thought of all that thread burying! tsk tsk tsk

Do you use a straight needle, or a curved one? Big eye? I just can't do that fast enough to make any money.

Thanks for the post, inspiration, and welcome to the "light".

Thanks again for the nice compliments. Oh, Boni, I didn't tie and bury all that thread. No way. That would add a couple hundred $$ in my opinion!

I agree that this should be priced at $0.05/inch. I'm not charging that much on this. I ended up doing way more outlining that I had originally thought I would, because I felt it's what the quilt needs.

For those who are thinking about doing this much XH, let me tell you that it is tedious, time consuming and sometimes frustrating. Charge at your upper limits for your effort.

• 4 months later...

I was just wondering...where did this come from and how did I miss it the first time around?:o You are right, this is stunning!!

I just had to come back to this...Tina, I am a crosshatch junkie :) I am curious...how did you do your crosshatch, which ruler did you use?? You did a great job.

Archived