Bonnie Help

Hey bonnie, I hear you are coming to the moxie this saturday. I am looking forward to meeting you. I hope you can bring me a copy of your famous steam and starch DVD. But I need your help hear. I have a quilt loaded that has an outer border of photo fabric so I am meandering around them because you said it might chip off the photo to stitch. No problem there BUT the body of the quilt has a lot of small puckers where she tried to make the center fit the border. It has low loft poly. My question is can I steam this area to reduce the fullness?. Any advice would be wonderful.

Nora

Millennium Washougal WA

No Nora I wouldn't touch the photos with steam. Not being there I can't see if they are a iron on or printed picture. But it doesn't really matter because steam COULD either bleed them or make them crack off. I am away from the house right now U2U me a telly # and I will call you as soon as I get back to the house.

The steam and starch may help the center fullness but like Bonnie said, don't get the steam or starch on the photos. Even a little cast off from the starch will leave spots on the photos (been there, done that). I would cover the photos with something to make sure the starch doesn't mist over onto them.

Archived