MY NEW STUDIO & MILLIE

Linda G. Craig

I have a two bedroom apartment in my basement, complete with a bathroom and full kitchen....the living room/dining room/kitchen area was made on purpose to hold a pool table if we choose.

After seeing your space I am seriously thinking about moving all my stuff down from the 'attic' bonus room to the basement apartment...I wonder if I can convince hubby? Where will I put the homeschool stuff? I think I better get planning!

Nini

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Nini, that sounds like the ideal spot for you! When you spend so much time in your sewing room/studio it is wonderful to have all that space! Sounds like your basement would be ideal. Goodness, you could make yourself lunch or snacks, the washroom is right here, and if you need a short nap you've got two bedrooms to choose from! Woohoo!

Thanks everyone! And yes, my sewing space is filling quickly and not quite as neat as my photos! LOL! Although I have to admit, I really enjoy a neat space when I work, I have no idea why but I find it relaxing and motivating. And in this crazy world, I can use all the relaxing I can get.

Satu, I love my Creative Vision. My first machine was a Singer (I was 12), and I've had three Pfaff machines since then. I like the CV's versatility and that it is easily kept current with computerized updates. If you are into embroidery, the CV is really fun to work with too. Gotta love those stitches!!

Kathy, I think it would be a great idea to have a Manitoba longarm group! If you ever head to Winnipeg, let me know. I live 40 minutes outside of Winnipeg, but if time permitted, it would be great to get together.

• 1 month later...

Linda, how beautiful to have a quilt studio so spacious. I too am in the process. Converted an double car garage into my studio. Little items not all yet installed and need floor covering. You look like to put Burber carpeting. I was thinking of installed recycled tire floor matting that is 3/4" thick onto a cement floor. My concern and I will be contacting the maanufacturer, is if for some reason a quilt gets dragged or brushed this type of floor, will there be a mark left. Anyway, I am happy for you. Now get quilting.:D

Linda, your space is just beautiful! Got to admit, I have been studying your pictures for ideas. Hopefully my basement space will be done in a few weeks. It was supposed to be done before last winter, but with the economy, having to go back to work, etc ... Well, you know how that goes.

It's been a long time since I last posted -- am amazed I remembered my login! I had just gotten my Freedom in 2007, started practicing, and then we decided to move to Iowa to be closer to family. Long story made short, "Twyla" got boxed up and will soon be released. Will have to learn what little I know all over again. Looking forward to getting back in the saddle, and maybe even getting more active on this forum.

Will try to post some pictures in a few weeks when everything is set up. Linda, thanks for your inspiration. I just love looking at your pictures -- they help me realize that my space will soon be a reality.

Your new sewing space is wonderful Linda! I like your industrial type tables for your sewing machine and serger, and your fabric storage cubbies are so wonderful.

I loved the pictures! And all the space you have to move around in. One question? I didn't see a Design Wall. Maybe you don't have one set up yet.

I agree, Santa needs to bring you a larger screen TV!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived