Channel Locks

On Pins and Needles

Does anyone know if the channel locks are adjustable? I am having so many problems getting my Millennium to work...it has actually driven me to tears today but I now think the channel locks may be holding just a bit all the time and are constantly dragging me off course. I think this because I can make a perfectly straight line either direction (not diagonal), even backtrack over it perfectly with only one hand lightly holding the handle with out the channel locks on. But if I try to make a curve I have to hold on with both hands and will still probably get pulled off course. It also seems like the machine is always resisting me, like I am always fighting against something to get it to move.

I've been told I need to raise the carriage. I have and R&S pattern board and there's not enough room between the bottom of the carriage and the table for it. If the carriage was raised would that lessen the pull of the channel locks?

I could go on and on, but any advice would be appreciated. I've e-mailed APQS but I'm thinking they are probably in Houston...isn't that this week?

Thanks again...Cindy

Hi Cindy,

I had the same problem and the channellock was just slightly engaged. If you look in your manual under channel locks it will tell you who to make the adjustment. I raised my carraige for the Circlelord and R&S boards and it did not affect the channel locks. I hope I have pointed you in the right direction.

Toodles, Nora

Millennium

Washougal WA

Sounds like to you need to make an adjustment to the channel locks to 'loosen' them a bit. You can adjust them to be 'loose' or 'tight'. When I first got my Millie, I wanted the locks to 'hold' in that straight line, now I have 'backed' them off a bit. You need to find what works best for you.

You also need to raise the carriage to account for the RnS boards...but doing so will not affect the channel locks.

Archived