NQR-Hopefully this will make you smile

Love this thread,

I am always losing my glasses, more than once I have searched the house only to find them on my head.

My mobile phone always goes missing too, sometime I have to get my son to ring it so as I can find it. Last week my daughter phoned me wanting someones telephone number, I told her hang on while I find my mobile as that was where I would find the number she wanted. Of course I could not find it.

It took me a few minutes to realise why. I had it in my hand stuck to my ear. DD had rung me on my mobile not the house phone. :P:P:P:P

Originally posted by KathG

Of course I could not find it.

It took me a few minutes to realise why. I had it in my hand stuck to my ear. DD had rung me on my mobile not the house phone. :P:P:P:P

Kathy...this is even better than mine...I am so laughing with you right now....that is way to funny.

Once a year a few of us get together and spend the whole day quilting (more talking than quilting). This last time was at my friend Mary's house (beautiful Log Cabin), we were all set up in her family room trying to sew. Another dear friend of mine...Judy kept running back and forth to Mary's sewing room to use the large ironing board. Judy came out and asked Mary if she had a talking iron, because she kept hearing voices when she used her iron. This went on several times. Come to find out Judy had her cell phone in her pocket and her husband had called and she didn't hear it ring. During the time he called and ironing she hit the speaker phone button. The whole time she thought the iron was talking to her it was her husband try to get her attention. It was so funny.:P

I did ALMOST the exact thing as Shannon...only it was my cell phone and after several calls to it and sevearl trips to different rooms as it sounded like it was coming from there, I found it in my back pocket...when I got so flustered I put my hands on my hips and low and behold there it was.....;)

Bonnie, maybe this is why they have a vibrate feature on cell phones! Would have solved that problem! :P:D

And Dory...I HAVE put both contacts in one eye... imagine my vision with two in one eye and none in the other.... then try to see which eye has both :o

You girls are not alone, us guys do the simular things as well, but rarely mention it.

I normally don't eat breakfast, one morning I woke up early and was hungry. So I decided to make a bowl of cereal (normally like my cereal at night...I love blue berry morning cereal). Well a short time later my son woke up and went to make a bowl himself. He asked me why the milk was in the cabinet and the cereal was in the frig.

Speaking of hair remover

My friend naired her bikini line....the phone rang so she put on her dressing gown, hobbled over to answer it, got so into the conversation that she forgot the nair. During the 45 minute conversation she crossed and uncrossed her legs several times. Needless to say that there was not a lot of hair left at all. Luckly she did not get a chemical burn, not even a rash. Gosh we laughed.

:cool: I've hairsprayed my armpits on more than one occasion :cool:

OUr dog was taking heart worm pills. I was taking Ibuprofen, same size and shape. I had the dog's heart worm pill out and ready to give, took a phone call. Forgot I was going to give the dog the heart worm pill, thought to myself, "Self, you didn't take your ibuprofen today". So I swallowed the heart worm pill.

Three days later. I am looking at the calendar, saw the red heart which let me know that I should give the heart worm pill and said to myself. "It's time for the dogs...OMG I took the dog's ht worm pill!!!!"

I am was an ER nurse at the time, called poison control, told them please not to laugh or put me on hold. Told them the story, asked them to tell me gently if I was going to die, they put me on hold...most likely to have a good laugh.

Luckily I weighed more the the dog, only side effect could be stomach upset...none for me. My husband had a wormed wife for one month.

:):):) Oh it is so comforting to hear that I am not the only one sufferning from premature creeping senility.

Once in a while I find myself at the grocery store checkout with absolutely no memory of my debit card PIN. That can last for days. One time I had to give up and had it reset.

I baked banana bread from scratch to take to a quilt guild meeting. I tried a sample before leaving, it was AWFUL. I thought through my process and realized that I'd completely left out the sugar. What could I do? I took it anyway and wouldn't you know, it got rave reviews!

It's most disturbing when someone sees me and starts chatting like we're friends, yet I have no idea who they are. It makes me feel bad because I don't want to hurt their feelings.....sorry, you just weren't that memorable. The worst incident still sticks with me. I was terribly jet lagged, ran into someone in the grocery store who really wanted to catch up with me. He said we worked together and he was definitely insulted that I didn't recognize him. That was more than 10 years ago, and I remember the incident clearly, but to this day I have absolutely no idea who he is.

thanks for the laughs!

:D:D OK, now I remember my best story. My DH and I used to live in California in a waterfront community. The houses were arranged around a series of man-made inlets with a dock behind each house. One work night I was trying to sleep and couldn't because of the loud music coming from outside. I got up and looked a couple of times and couldn't see the source of the music. Loud parties were common in the neighborhood, although not usually on a week night. So I called the sherrif's dept. Not 911, just the local number. About 30 minutes later there's a knock on the door. My DH was still up, so he answered the door. There were 2 officers outside. We got a report from your house about the music, but we can't find the source. Do you mind if we check out your dock? No problem officers. So the 3 men all walked thru our house, out the back, down the stairs to the dock. Where's the music coming from? My DH's fishing boat!!! Oh my gosh, I called the cops on my husband:o:o Fortunately, everyone took it real well. ;) For the record, that is the only time I have ever called the police!

I come home from work and ask my DH, "so how was your day?" By the 4th time ( he is sooooo patient), he reminds me that i've already asked him that question a couple of times already. Then he says . . . " are you okay, how was your day - need to talk???"

Talk??? Hey I am happy I found my way home? kids names? Yeah we'll call them Newton (yes he's been in doggie heaven for 3.5 years).

ahhhhhhhhhhh

Aging as gracefully as I can. i figure any time I am on this side of the daisy's it is a good day. off to Milwaukee tomorrow for work. Have a great week!

Julia

Originally posted by doodlebug

today i went to clean my bobbin area....then i couldn't find the bobbin, i looked everywhere...on the little shelf i usually sit it on....the top of the frame table...cat wasn't in the room...hmmm, where'd i put it...oh yeah, i was holding it in my mouth....

:D:D

Shannon...Don't hold the bobbin in your mouth while reading anything on this forum...you might choke to death while laughing!! :P

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

Shannon...Don't hold the bobbin in your mouth while reading anything on this forum...you might choke to death while laughing!! :P

when i was a kid, i sneezed once with a mercury thermometer in my mouth. we were at the pediatrician's office and they were taking my temperature and i knew i was going to sneeze and i went to take it out and granny fussed at me, so i left it in and then sneezed. needless to say- my granny realized to trust me....

Before DH and I were married we went camping. He had the camper and all the necessary things needed to get through the trip. I was going to take a shower and asked where the soap was kept, so he told me and off I went to shower. Later when he wanted to shower he asked where I had put the soap, so I told him where it was and he just started to laugh - I had used the bar of doggie flea soap. No fleas on me that trip!

DH was in a meeting with several others in his boss' office one day and needed his hanky, so pulled it out of his pocket and as he was going to wipe his nose realized it was a pair of my panties. When I put away the laundry a pair of my panties accidentally got into his hanky drawer. He had taken it out of the drawer and put it in his pocket without looking at it. No one said anything so I don't think any of the other men noticed, and we still laugh about it.

I, too, have put both contacts in one eye, and I did it twice! What a bother trying to figure out which contact goes into which eye after that! :P

Originally posted by Stagecl

:P:P:P:D:D:D Oh, I know I've done things but nothing is coming to my mind...I guess that is the good thing about growing older:o:P:P But when I remember, I'll have to write it in this post:D

Cheryl, I find myself in this category. I used to be able to tell really good jokes. Now all I can remember is the punch lines. . .really spoils the joke.:P:P

The past story just reminded me of my husbands story that he still tells of his most embarrassing moments. In the Military and getting ready for inspection. Someone asks him what is in his sleeve. Just a little bit sticking out. He pulls it out of his sleeve and yes, it was a pair of my panties. Static Cling, got to love it!! Luckily for him it was before they stood in front of the commander for inspection!

Archived