HELP!!! Needle down/up totally stopped

I hope someone is out there. I'm on Pacific time and can't call in. I just went back to the machine after a short break and it will not run right. Needle down function totally gone. The manual mode works, the red & green buttons work. SR comes on but needle won't move when activated with blue button.

I'm in the middle of a quilt, working from the front freehand. Back controls same problem.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin - Did you try to shut the machine off then restart after a couple of minutes? Maybe it will reset itself. The needle up ande down is the yellow button on the right side. Does that work? If it does, nothing is stuck anywhere. Do you mean you can start the stitch regulator on the left side green button but the stitching won't start with the blue button on the right side? Geesh, sounds more complicated than it is! Maybe one of the reps will chime in here. Check your manual. Around page 38 or so, it shows the lights that should light up when using the blue button, should be the 4th light on the right. Maybe a connection is bad?:( You are pushing the main button on the back while you puch the blue button right? Don't think that's a silly question. I have put food on the stove for dinner and forgotten to turn the burner on. Stuff happens when you get tired.

This happened to me once. What I did: turn everything off - even unplugged. Checked all the connections for everything. Took the bobbin out & manually rotated the fly wheel through a couple of complete cycles to make sure nothing was in the bobbin assembly. Plugged everything back in & tried things out (without the bobbin assembly). For some reason, all worked again. Put the bobbin assembly back in and off I went. None of it made sense but it worked.

I turned everything off and restarted, no change immediately. I waited until DH came home an hour or so later and turned it back on and it works. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps there are intermittent loose connections or something. I read about my exact problem on another thread and the three possibilities are: fuse, connection problem, relay problem. I've eliminated fuse, since it is working again. I'm going to go start sewing for today and if it happens again I'll call APQS. I just hope it happens before they close, if it's going to! It stinks to be 3 hours behind everybody.

Thanks for all your responses.

This is happening to me also RIGHT NOW! But I did notice as my thread broke that it got wrapped around inside (even though I have my wheel covered - thread wrapped around where the hook where you put thread through goes up and down) -- I can see thread inside. I have to take the screws off the front cover from the left side (facing the head of the machine -- not where there are any thread guides) and take out all the thread. Do you think that is your problem too?:P

Susan

No Susan. Unfortunately it's not that simple. I have 2 specific problems. One is the needle up/down the other is the y axis. I think I need to replace the encoder wheel and luckily, I have new ones for that. APQS is sending out new circuit boards for me (again). We suspect a wiring problem, so if the new circuit boards end up having problems, like the old ones did, and the ones before that....then I probably need to send it in to the factory.

After my last post, it worked for an hour and then quit. I can use the flywheel to do needle up/down manually and need to replace the encoder wheel.

Am I just the only one with this problem? Or do other people have it too? I can't believe a company this size and this successful would have this many problems with their machines. Which is why I think this HAS to be an anomaly....none of the other APQS owners in my area have similar problems, I know 4 of them here.

Archived